What's new

An iron spike

Joined
Oct 1, 2018
Messages
442
Reaction score
690
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western PA, Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2019-01-07 14.24.53.webp2019-01-07 14.27.58.webp
I found some kind of spike. Not really sure what it is, seems to say V&A or V2A. It looks like it has a specific purpose, but I have no idea.
 
Tooth from a sickle mower. I find the triangular pieces all the time, but your part was attached much more securely so they aren't found as often. Here's a complete one:

0816111758-01.webp
 
Upvote 0
Wow, thanks a lot guys, that's really helpful. The weird thing is I found it in a very hilly, rocky area on top of a boulder, but that is a question I'll have to answer on my own, I guess.
 
Upvote 0
Hey I found almost the same thing. I thought it was some kind of fence post anchor but I think it's just what you have found. My says Triumph on it. Nice find.
 

Attachments

  • 20190107_171104.webp
    20190107_171104.webp
    479.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 20190107_171041.webp
    20190107_171041.webp
    458.3 KB · Views: 65
Upvote 0
Also called a stone guard!
 
Upvote 0
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I will probably say it in the future. These sickle guards are the relic that is asked about most often in the "What Is It" section.:icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I will probably say it in the future. These sickle guards are the relic that is asked about most often in the "What Is It" section.:icon_thumleft:

i find the corresponding triangle teeth so much i have to be at the 200 or 300 mark on them by now.
 
Upvote 0
Great Id lol
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom