Scrappy
Gold Member
- Joined
- Mar 6, 2014
- Messages
- 9,215
- Reaction score
- 14,047
- Golden Thread
- 7
- Location
- 17th century
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 7
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
- Primary Interest:
- Other
During my "lunch break" I took a trip down to a nearby 1684 house permission. They had just laid some underground wiring and landscaped a bit, so there was a bunch of churned soil.
Not much showed up until I get a high ring right on the surface. I wish I had taken a picture but I grabbed it impulsively. Lol.
It was shot and I knew it. I tried some peroxide with no avail, so I lightly "buffed" the surface. The result is a small shield and you can see the horse. This is New Jersey Copper #3 for the year and 5th overall.


Here's the rest

Hand cut whizzed toy made from a copper coin. I love these things!

Others from this year...


Hunts like this can really get into your head because it makes you wonder what's out of the reach of your detector. I've hunted this area very well, and this coin was most certainly out of range until the soil was dug out for underground cable.
Enjoy, and good digs
Steve
Not much showed up until I get a high ring right on the surface. I wish I had taken a picture but I grabbed it impulsively. Lol.
It was shot and I knew it. I tried some peroxide with no avail, so I lightly "buffed" the surface. The result is a small shield and you can see the horse. This is New Jersey Copper #3 for the year and 5th overall.


Here's the rest

Hand cut whizzed toy made from a copper coin. I love these things!

Others from this year...


Hunts like this can really get into your head because it makes you wonder what's out of the reach of your detector. I've hunted this area very well, and this coin was most certainly out of range until the soil was dug out for underground cable.
Enjoy, and good digs
Steve
Last edited:
Upvote
44
Same county? I like the Whizzer, that is a well made one!! Don
. Any of your other sites have any utilities work done? I has a site like that which I hammered. They ran a gas line from the road through the property to the new High School. I swung that strip as soon as they filled it back in. Three inches down I dug my 1st ever LC. You knew it was old by the light milky green soil that showed before the coin popped out.
on the Caesarea, sent you a PM on the whizzer. Colonial beats everything, even gold 







