What's new

Ancient Gold!!!

shaun7

Gold Member
Joined
May 20, 2008
Messages
6,194
Reaction score
64
Golden Thread
0
Location
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
Hello all, Crusader invited me to one of his fields today for my regular beating. I started off well with a hammered at the end of the first run ;D Followed by a couple of Roman and then another hammered :o By this time the tractor had caught up with us and was pushing us to the side of the field. He was coming straight at me when I dug what I thought was a gilded button :laughing7:

Turned out to be a Celtic gold Stater from 45-10bc :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

My first Celtic coin ;D

I went on to get a third hammered and beat my record for the day :o
 

Attachments

  • P1000734.webp
    P1000734.webp
    20.2 KB · Views: 5,215
  • P1000731.webp
    P1000731.webp
    14.5 KB · Views: 5,173
  • P1000729.webp
    P1000729.webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 5,161
  • P1000726.webp
    P1000726.webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 5,165
  • P1000724.webp
    P1000724.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 5,127
  • P1000712.webp
    P1000712.webp
    25.2 KB · Views: 5,122
  • P1000714.webp
    P1000714.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 5,085
  • P1000719.webp
    P1000719.webp
    24.4 KB · Views: 5,061
  • P1000722.webp
    P1000722.webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 5,054
Upvote 0
Thanks everyone :icon_thumleft:
 
Most excellent find. Congratulations on the banner, too!
 
Congratulations on your 'BANNER FIND' . :headbang:

Fossis...........
 
stefen said:
Does this fall under the rules and regs of the treasure act?



No Stefen, a single gold coin doesn't count ;D
 
Just got back on here & looked up, seems you won't be needing my vote :laughing9:

It just had to go up there for many reasons :hello2:

If I had got it I would have had the full set this year; bronze,silver,gold. However, I was much happier you found it, not sure why I couldn't get 1 hammered :-X

For those that missed it; Shaun7 shouted out in such a way that I guessed & shouted out immediately 'gold coin', thing is I thought Georgian :-[ I was at the side of the tractor & looked at the driver who was laughing at Shaun7's reaction/jig ;D

Another strange thing was that we both had the same first thought (Gold button)when finding our first Celtic Gold (mine a few years ago). Thing is, you can never guess & your always surprise to hell when you finally see both sides.

What a day to remember.
 
whats the writing around the SC button (saves me digging one out)?
 
[quote :icon_thumleft: author=CRUSADER link=topic=356228.msg2553174#msg2553174 date=1286671677]
whats the writing around the SC button (saves me digging one out)?
[/quote]



It's Leicestershire Volunteers :icon_thumleft:
 
shaun7 said:
[quote :icon_thumleft: author=CRUSADER link=topic=356228.msg2553174#msg2553174 date=1286671677]
whats the writing around the SC button (saves me digging one out)?



It's Leicestershire Volunteers :icon_thumleft:
[/quote]

good button :thumbsup:
 
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
[quote :icon_thumleft: author=CRUSADER link=topic=356228.msg2553174#msg2553174 date=1286671677]
whats the writing around the SC button (saves me digging one out)?



It's Leicestershire Volunteers :icon_thumleft:

good button :thumbsup:
[/quote]



Yeah, something wasn't right today :icon_scratch: :laughing7:
 
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
[quote :icon_thumleft: author=CRUSADER link=topic=356228.msg2553174#msg2553174 date=1286671677]
whats the writing around the SC button (saves me digging one out)?



It's Leicestershire Volunteers :icon_thumleft:

good button :thumbsup:



Yeah, something wasn't right today :icon_scratch: :laughing7:
[/quote]

did you get a bump on the head?
 
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
[quote :icon_thumleft: author=CRUSADER link=topic=356228.msg2553174#msg2553174 date=1286671677]
whats the writing around the SC button (saves me digging one out)?



It's Leicestershire Volunteers :icon_thumleft:

good button :thumbsup:



Yeah, something wasn't right today :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

did you get a bump on the head?
[/quote]



No, but I will if we have a repeat of today's performance :laughing7:
 
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
[quote :icon_thumleft: author=CRUSADER link=topic=356228.msg2553174#msg2553174 date=1286671677]
whats the writing around the SC button (saves me digging one out)?



It's Leicestershire Volunteers :icon_thumleft:

good button :thumbsup:



Yeah, something wasn't right today :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

did you get a bump on the head?



No, but I will if we have a repeat of today's performance :laughing7:
[/quote]

you guessed it :laughing9: I'll wait until your have stopped driving :wink:

If you think about it, that was you first try on that field :o
 
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
[quote :icon_thumleft: author=CRUSADER link=topic=356228.msg2553174#msg2553174 date=1286671677]
whats the writing around the SC button (saves me digging one out)?



It's Leicestershire Volunteers :icon_thumleft:

good button :thumbsup:



Yeah, something wasn't right today :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

did you get a bump on the head?



No, but I will if we have a repeat of today's performance :laughing7:

you guessed it :laughing9: I'll wait until you have stopped driving :wink:

If you think about it, that was you first try on that field :o
[/quote]



Yeah, just let me know if you want any more fields cleared of silver and gold :laughing9:
 
Totally awesome find :headbang: it cant get much better then that Contrats on the Banner ! beautiful coin . Jim
 
gorgeous! congrats and well deserved! :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom