Ancient Indian Carvings ? Paleo? Or just GEO FACTS

oxsarahbeth21

Sep 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I found these on the border of VA and NC. I am not very well educated on Indian Artifacts but these just look so much like carvings maybe paleo? I am having trouble finding anything online. I could just be seeing things, but I feel like these are a pretty cool find. If anyone could help point me to the right direction that would be greatly appreciated! I have MANY more pieces just like this. So if these are not geofacts, i want to know what kind of unique artifacts I have collected!

Attachments

• IMG_1349.jpg
    IMG_1349.jpg
    563.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1490.jpg
    IMG_1490.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1472.jpg
    IMG_1472.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1456.jpg
    IMG_1456.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1492.jpg
    IMG_1492.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1398.jpg
    IMG_1398.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1344.jpg
    IMG_1344.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1386.jpg
    IMG_1386.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 70

Rydog

Aug 29, 2012
Idaho
Just rocks. I probably wouldn't even call them geofacts since that denotes closely resembling the real thing.

OP
OP
O

oxsarahbeth21

Sep 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the Paleontologist at my local museum today said otherwise. He took pictures and is sending it around to his colleges to get more opinions. But thanks for the feed back!!!!!
Please do some research on Paleo Indian Effigies. Ill give you a site reference to start. http://trueartifacts.com/othereffigies.html thanks!

Last edited:

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are not Paleoindian effigies. They're broken stones in which you are imagining that you can see something more significant. You will (and already have) come across loads of websites where there are folks with similar beliefs about their oddly-shaped rocks... and, frankly, your rocks are not even as convincing as the kinds of things they usually present as claimed 'artefacts'. These kinds of sites are in the category of 'fringe archaeology' and their claims/opinions are generally not supported by any respected mainstream archaeologists.

The Paleontologist at your local museum needs to brush up on how to identify ancient artefacts. Paleontology is the study of fossils. Does he/she even have any credentials which are relevant to archaeology? Care to name the museum or its 'expert'?

I have to agree with Rydog, that these rocks don't even justify being called 'geofacts'.

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
EDIT: Never mind. Red-Coat said it better. As always. :laughing7:

Last edited:

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the Paleontologist at my local museum today said otherwise. He took pictures and is sending it around to his colleges to get more opinions. But thanks for the feed back!!!!!
Please do some research on Paleo Indian Effigies. Ill give you a site reference to start. True Ancient American Artifacts Other Effigies thanks!

no offense...but that Paleontologist does not know what he is talking about... these are just rocks.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please look up Paleo Indian Effigies and do some research please. Ill give you a site reference to start with. True Ancient American Artifacts Other Effigies

Sarabeth, welcome to TreasureNet.

That site you posted is just plain wrong, 100% bogus with all the so called effigies, they are not Effigies they are plain rocks and his wild imagination, and most other pieces are bs.

There are over 2000 years of combined artifact experience on TreasureNet and we will be happy to help you learn if you are willing to listen.

If you want to learn how to identify and find real artifacts I suggest you try to listen to members trying to help teach you, if you follow that bogas website you will never learn how to recognize true artifacts, we are sincerely trying to help you.

This thread is being moved to Geofact forum.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

oxsarahbeth21

Sep 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i dont know. all i was told that the edges where man created, thanks yall tho for being so kind and explaining yalls thought. appreciate it!!!!!!

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i dont know. all i was told that the edges where man created, thanks yall tho for being so kind and explaining yalls thought. appreciate it!!!!!!

Thanks for listening to opposing views and not taking it personally! Most that come here with rocks like yours can get rather angry when told all they have are just rocks. Much respect to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread