And What do Two Divers Find that makes for a Strange Day?

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My friend Kevin was able to get out for once and play. Of course he snags the gold. A 4.65 gram 14K Artcarved ring. He also snagged a merc and a silver ring. The strange thing about today is we both found something similar but a bit different. You would think silver, gold, token, or something common. Would you believe salt shaker?

He also got an interesting seal which I think is a wax seal. Pretty heavy.

I got 4 silver rings, a merc and a rosey. Best penny is a 1913D. Too bad it wasn't a year newer!

My finds:

Upvote 34
Somebody thought by tossing the corporate seal it would be safe at the bottom. Now sprinkle some salt over the shoulder for more good luck.

that seal thing looks like an embossing insert similar to what a notary public uses

that seal thing looks like an embossing insert similar to what a notary public uses

Never thought of that. Quite possible. Thanks. Only thing we can find on the company are two articles. One from 1959 and the other 1960

Great hunt as always I can only imagine all the stuff people have dropped in there!!! I watched a show about this guy diving Bermuda triangle .Wrecks and planes everywhere, Great hobby you have and very rewarding. I was going to call you to help me find a diamond ring I lost has the initials 24k on it let me know if you find it LOL Stay safe Robert Thanks for all the amazing posts!!!!!

compli10.gif

Is the 3 legged bead with a face silver? I usually see those in 800 silver on italian chains and rosaries from the 20s-50s. Nice day!

Rings, salt shakers, bath house keys, watch, coins, etc. More neat stuff, congrats! Nice little stamp, bet those don't turn up much.

Looks like Macway Home Builders, Inc. was active at least in the 1959-1960 time frame.

Is the 3 legged bead with a face silver? I usually see those in 800 silver on italian chains and rosaries from the 20s-50s. Nice day!

Nope. No silver in this critter

Congratualtions on the very productive hunt! :occasion14:

What I picture in my head is them using an embossed 'seal' on a printed certificate of warranty or 'in house' financing paperwork or something of that nature

Is a 1914 D penny rare or something? I found a 1914 the other day, but I didnt even bother to look for the mintmark.

Never thought of that. Quite possible. Thanks. Only thing we can find on the company are two articles. One from 1959 and the other 1960

My guess it was used to emboss contracts.

Great finds. Thanks for sharing.

Is a 1914 D penny rare or something? I found a 1914 the other day, but I didnt even bother to look for the mintmark.

Only the rarest of the regular issue wheat cents. I found one in Utah. Great condition got 550.00 for it.

Only the rarest of the regular issue wheat cents. I found one in Utah. Great condition got 550.00 for it.

Sheesh! I had no idea. Mine has no mint mark, unfortunately, but is still in nice shape. Must have been dropped not too long after it was made. Thanks for the info and congratulations on your find.

Nicely done Scuba. I thought I might get one more water hunt in before my move to Pennsylvania but I have too much to do. Packed away the Excalibur today.
Congrats on a nice variety of finds.

Nice hunt Scuba. I would also think 2 salt shakers is uncommon, and I see a lottery ticket in your future ! ( Just dont come to Illinois to buy one. They are giving out I.O.U.'s ! )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back