Anheuser busch lead seal

capnballguns

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / DFX
This seal is the size of a dime,has same inscription on both sides.Not all of it is readable.Back side is damaged.It has anheuser Busch and what looks like a date on the bottom.there are 4 letters the first looks like a B next not shure then a W and a O.Below that is ASSN and something else below that.There where 2 wires running through it at one time.I want to know what it was used on and what years it was used

Attachments

• 100_0244.JPG
    100_0244.JPG
    196 KB · Views: 333
OP
OP
C

capnballguns

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / DFX
Sorry best picture I could get.Wanted to know what it was used on and what year rang they used them

Upvote 0

taz42o

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2008
Ohio
I think the old beer bottles had a cork and a wire and lead seal in the late 1800s .
I do not know if that is what you have or not .I have not found a pic of one .

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

capnballguns

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / DFX
capnballguns said:
This seal is the size of a dime,has same inscription on both sides.Not all of it is readable.Back side is damaged.It has anheuser Busch and what looks like a date on the bottom.there are 4 letters the first looks like a B next not shure then a W and a O.Below that is ASSN and something else below that.There where 2 wires running through it at one time.I want to know what it was used on and what years it was used
Thanks for all the help

Upvote 0

Joe Davis

Mar 29, 2014
Midwest
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I found one of these tonight. It was found at an 1880's building that was tore down. The building was a saloon at one time. Also found a lot of bottles in the area. It's kinda odd that it is not stamped right in the middle.

Attachments

• ab2.jpg
    ab2.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 128
  • ab1.jpg
    ab1.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 129
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread