Announcement; Jonathan Swift Silver mine discovered

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawneesilver

Tenderfoot
Mar 4, 2023
We have made a quick announcement in the video link below.

Quick Outline of our discovery and announcement.
- We found, what appears to be, precious metal bearing ore on a property in Powell County, KY.
- We have connected all the dots from old maps, journals all to the legend itself. Everything points to this property.
- We have discovered one of the source coordinates associated with the Swift Legend to an official map from the 18th century. This may be boring analysis stuff but this is actually one of the most important discoveries, the actual source for the coordinates on one of the Swift maps and it is amazing how and where these coordinates originated.
- We have a book written but not published.
- We are in the final stages of the ore analysis and that assay will be conducted on the YouTube Channel hosting the video below. We will find out together if there are any precious metal(s) in this material.

OP
OP
S

shawneesilver

Tenderfoot
Mar 4, 2023
Thank you... and a quick update...

I am in the process of converting the Book in PDF form to JPG form so I can produce an audio book. I am going to release this, obviously for free, on our YouTube channel.

DISCLAIMER: I do not have control nor access to the property that will be identified in this book. The previous owner of the property, my Attorney, cleared me to release the book. It was a shame it was sold but I understand why, beautiful place and the beauty of the place was the precise reason the book's release has been delayed for over 10 years. Please DO NOT trespass on this property. This disclaimer is necessary, and I have no doubt if you're caught trespassing on this property (and trust me, you will get caught, no doubt) you will be promptly arrested and likely sued. It's not a place to mess around in, and it's also very, very dangerous. The cave network is NOT stable and is probably going to fall in at any time (If it hasn't collapsed already)

And a personal note on this discovery. I do not believe nor have I ever believed that any precious metal bearing ore(s) exists in modern Kentucky. I approached the Swift story as a skeptic for most of my time studying it. If the precious metal assay shows the existence of precious metals then so be it, I was wrong but what I do believe is this material looks so much like ore that it was exploited as such up until the Civil War then once Iron Ore mining began in the region the legend went quiet until the 1960's. I have studied this rock discovered on this property for over 10 years. The KY State Geological Survey has also studied a sample (sort of). Their reaction was to first to claim their quartz saw was broken and couldn't cut up the sample, THEN not return phone calls, and or emails and if my memory doesn't fail me, they told me what I had doesn't exist in Kentucky, and the Swift silver mine stuff was of course never mentioned. In that regard they did not want to study the sample I sent them, for whatever reason.

I had another geologist swear this material was gold ore and it does look like certain gold ore, especially from South Africa, it is a quartz pebble conglomerate of some sort. It contains, mica, iron, sulfur, pyrite, bunches of sulfides, and many may other minerals. My first crude chemical assay showed NO silver content or gold content. The awesome part regarding this material is the fact that the quartz appears to be shocked and shocked quartz can only be formed by intense pressures like an asteroid strike, a special type of volcano.

This material is also VERY dense, heavy and hard. It takes considerable effort to break one of these pieces. The formation of the rock is in a large slab that I surveyed as around 2 to 4 foot wide, unknown thickness, 8 inches or more, and over 30 foot long, I lost it under a big slab of limestone in the main cave and there are smaller pieces lying about in the stream bed. So this stuff isn't creek quartz gravel you find in the area. Something VERY hot and lots of pressure formed this stuff. It is pure speculation but we have theorized that this cave is likely hundreds of thousands of years old, very old on top of a ridge, which is also odd. We have also hypothesized that this is "ancient" volcanic activity, millions of years old, preserved within this cave and due to rebound processes the old cave is now residing on top of a ridge.

Ok, this was an extra update I will only post here for now. I am going to try to release (for free) the book and other information here before they go to the YouTube Channel.
334827618_917234266186789_8065100930223189436_n.jpg
334894082_535385308481833_9077961989308092958_n.jpg
334952661_189763856999251_5265963288127219774_n.jpg
334966498_582797133907782_5124239778655373351_n.jpg

God Bless..

W

Last edited:

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That reminds me of rockcastle conglomerate I have seen in the Red River Gorge except the substrate looks much darker (volcanic?) than what I have seen. Interesting find for sure!

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has to be volcanic or remnants of an ancient asteroid strike.
I don't know of any known volcanic deposits in E KY but Middlesboro is a sight of crater, there is also a sight between Shelbyville and Frankfort, KY that is a hill visually from I-64, but studied and found to be an ancient strike location as well. It currently has radio/TV towers upon it. I would think your rock/ore would have a good amount of sulfur if it is volcanic...my geology knowledge is quite limited. It certainly looks different than most everything I have noticed in my hiking except the rockcastle conglomerate I mentioned before.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

shawneesilver

Tenderfoot
Mar 4, 2023
I don't know of any known volcanic deposits in E KY but Middlesboro is a sight of crater, there is also a sight between Shelbyville and Frankfort, KY that is a hill visually from I-64, but studied and found to be an ancient strike location as well. It currently has radio/TV towers upon it. I would think your rock/ore would have a good amount of sulfur if it is volcanic...my geology knowledge is quite limited. It certainly looks different than most everything I have noticed in my hiking except the rockcastle conglomerate I mentioned before.

The rock we discovered does not have a sandstone matrix.. Corbin certainly does and it appears Rockcastle does too, Our matrix is made up of black sand mixed with melted sulfur and iron. At the end of the day we may have discovered a new type of iron ore, because it has tons of iron in it, as well as arsenic. All the constituent minerals seem to be there for precious metals. AND this property lies along an ancient fault line, or close to it. whatever it is it is ancient, millions of years old not any type of recent volcanic activity, if it is a result of volcanic activity. I still lean toward an ancient asteroid strike because of the appearance of shocked quartz and there are NO evidence of recent volcanic activity in KY period, especially in Eastern KY. The best you could hope for is to find something hidden away in cave, something tens of millions of years old. That's why I approached this legend with skepticism, the lack of volcanic activity.

Last edited:

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems I recall reading about large impacts can leave iridium and or nano diamonds as well as shocked quartz. I have no idea how one would test for these though.

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So you're saying it's not worth it for you to pay $20 to become a Charter Member so you can sell your book.

OP
OP
S

shawneesilver

Tenderfoot
Mar 4, 2023
I tried again, to post the announcement that the book has been released and a promo code for a free download but it looks like it's not going to work..

I wish everyone the best but it's time to move on..

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions