C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
SWEEET!! Another one going! This is going to be too cool! I just love this whole thing! :hello2:

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
I was surprised when I received my mail. I got a large box from MM filled with a lot of goodies. In the box was some CW relics and some nice coins Beef jerky and smell good stuff. There was a sweet SC button, a piece of wood with a bullet in it. and some bullets from Bentonville. I did not know this treasure was going around until I received the box. Thanks for the treasure.
Doug

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dman said:
I was surprised when I received my mail. I got a large box from MM filled with a lot of goodies. In the box was some CW relics and some nice coins Beef jerky and smell good stuff. There was a sweet SC button, a piece of wood with a bullet in it. and some bullets from Bentonville. I did not know this treasure was going around until I received the box. Thanks for the treasure.
Doug

We want pictures! ;D
I'm glad you liked the goodies D.
-Doug-

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
lol my first glance saw MM and immediately thought of M-n-Ms....good grief!! Sounds like a very cool treasure box even if there were NOT M-n-Ms in it! :laughing9: Hopefully we will get to see some pictures. Very glad you enjoyed your treasure! I knew you would! :hello2:

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO! I got a prize!! I went out to the desk to get the mail and there was a package for me and I could not figure out what it was although CAFE PRESS was on it and it sounded oh so familiar! I opened it and there was an awesome Tshirt in there especially designed for me with PURPLE!! There was a note saying "Here is my T-NET SUR(E)PRIZE and I chose you as ther receiver..Enjoy USTIGER Thank you Bo!! I love it!!

Attachments

• DSC04111.JPG
    DSC04111.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 374

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awwwww, that's so sweet of Bo. Don't you just love surprises like this?

:wink: RR

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cyndi glad you like it.. just remember now you ship to next person lol.. someone lucky will get maybe more of your Cinnamon Rolls..

USTiger

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Thanks again sweet man! Get yourself and that pretty wife of yours loaded up and come down here! You can get some fresh cinnamon rolls and visit! Now I gotta figure out just who to send the next package to! I can think of atleast 30 people without even really working at it! lol That is the hard part...narrowing it down! I will get something sent out this week hopefully! Woohooooo....I am still just so excited! I barely managed to make myself wait to put it on so I could get a picture! lol

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, well, well... I've seen this thread before, but never read it... until today.

I'm not quite sure where to start, as I was completely unaware of all of this... even though Hannah told me a little while back that there was a surprise coming to me from one of the T-Net folks. I had honestly forgotten her even mentioning that, until today when she reminded me (after calling her on Skype)

I was already expecting something in the mail today, an "Exploring the Explorer" DVD that I purchased from one of the members to hopefully help me with my new Minelab Explorer XS that I purchased a couple weekends ago. I went out to check the mail and a dang "box" was in the way of the security screen opening! I kinda kicked the screen to move the box, then went out to check the mail. I had figured it was something for my brother or adopted brother, as they're both constantly ordering stuff online from ebay and such. But on my way back to the door, I noticed that the box had my name on it. :icon_scratch: I kinda looked at it, not sure what it was, as I wasn't expecting another package until Monday. So I picked it up and noticed how HEAVY this thing was... which REALLY made me say, "What in the WORLD is this thing??" I brought it to my room and set it down on my bed, noticing that there was some kind of folded letter up underneath the paper with my address on it. No return address, except my own, which made me even more curious. So I first took my pocket knife and got to work cutting the paper letter off of the box. I unfolded it, and this is what it said,

Sur(e)Prize​
Consisting of:

1 ea charter membership because you didn't have one at the time

2 ea Ramen noodles to remind you of your college days in MO

1 ea Hardtack peppermint for the quick break while digging at CTH III

1 ea Fruit and Nut Trail mix for the same trip

1 ea Cookies and Cream Pop-Tarts because chocolate isn't just for breakfast anymore

1 ea Hardtack butterscotch because you avoid the other kind of scotch (I assume)

1 ea HP PDA with E-Sword and six bible versions, two commentaries, two dictionaries installed. Plus a charging cradle. Use a standard USB cable to synchronize with your PC. You need MS activesync on your PC. Please note, the KJV+ version includes an imbedded Strongs Concordance with easy look up. Just click on the superscript number and see the definition.

1 ea 320 GIG USB powered external hard drive with cable. For all the CTH pictures to be stored.

1 ea Survivorman DVD collection I'm told you might be interested in. Are you planning to get lost on this trip to KS?

Happy Sur(e)Prize

from Anonymous, with a capital A.

Your obligation, should you decide to accept it, is to select another member of the T-Net clan, arrange a Sur(e)Prize of your own to be sent to them, and send it. See Task number one on the PDA...

First, so THAT'S who made me a Charter Member!!!? lol ;D I've been wondering for a little while, but assumed I wasn't supposed to know, since no one seemed to say anything about it. Well THANK YOU very much for that! I did notice that next morning!!

Thank you for all the snacks & candy! I guess I'm gonna HAVE to get myself up to CTH3 now, so I can eat all of these delicious snacks... :D

As for an actual PDA & 320GB external hard drive.... are you OUT OF YOUR MIND??!!!! lol I don't even know WHAT to say!!? "Thank You" couldn't possibly even BEGIN to say exactly what I'd like to convey to you... really, that was BEYOND what anyone should have done. The fact that you put God's Word on it for me... the one that I use most on my own laptop (eSword) and have ever since I first stepped foot on my Bible College up in Missouri... it really means more to me than you can even know!!!! I definitely am familiar with the Strong's numbers... I use them quite frequently while doing word studies. ;D

And that hard drive is awesome!! That's the exact size drive that I have in my Toshiba laptop... which I was just telling Hannah (my girlfriend) the other day that I really need to get another external hard drive so I can back everything from my laptop up so I can switch from my Windows 7 Release Candidate to the official Windows 7 Professional that I bought last year. I just happened to run out of space on my two 500GB external drives, so I've been putting it off for some time now.

Lastly... the Survivorman DVD is what confused me the most! At first, I had no idea how ANYONE would have known the EXACT Season of Survivorman that I didn't already own (I have Seasons 1 & 2). I knew I had made only one comment on my personal page here on T-Net of the Seasons that I did have on a thread about the Survivorman book that Hannah bought me for Christmas, but I didn't figure anyone probably even noticed it. Then it clicked in my mind that Hannah had mentioned a little while back that there would be a "surprise in the mail" from someone from T-Net... and THEN I realized that SHE had said something to someone about the DVD! She confessed. Then all of this finally made sense (somewhat).... so I went on the hunt to find this thread. One thing that I noticed, and that I'm SOOOOOOO stoked about (and still not sure how you were able to do this) is that the Season 3 DVD of Survivorman is actually SIGNED by Les Stroud himself!!! I've never had anyone in my entire life that I'd probably say that I "idolize" or view as kind of an encouragement/hero... but if I had one, Les Stroud would be it.

Anyway, I just really wanted to say "thank you" for everything you've done. I'm a total little tech geek, so this stuff is crazy awesome to me!
But thank you, thank you, thank YOU! :wink:

Bran <><

P.S. I'm going to take a little time to try and put together a little :icon_sunny: Florida Package :icon_sunny: for someone soon...

Attachments

• T-Net Sur(e)prize.jpg
    T-Net Sur(e)prize.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 340

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
AND THEY ARE OFF...TWO SUPRISES.....NOW IF THE FOLKS ARE ONLY HOME WHEN THEY GET THERE....BRAN YOUR COLLOIDAL SILVER IS ON IT'S WAY AS WELL!!! THEIR IS A SPRAY BOTTLE AND ABOUT A QUART MORE....I PRAY IT HELPS!!!

HOPE YOU LIKE THEM!!!

And Tee, I had NO idea that your Colloidal Silver you sent me was tied into this thread... but THANK YOU for sending it to me!! I really appreciate it! I've been a little under the weather lately, so I've refrained from taking any of the medicines that I've bought, just so my body can do what it does to care for itself before I fly up to Missouri on Friday to spend V-Day weekend with Hannah.

Again, thank you Tee! You're an absolute Doll, a God-send, and someone whom I'm proud to call my friend... online & offline :)
My continual thoughts & prayers are with you & Vance!

Bran <><

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Oh wow! That is an incredible package Bro!! A perfect match for you could not have been found then the contents of your Sure(E)Prize!! Truly generous and well thought out! I can't wait to see what comes next!

I am a bit behind on getting my package out again since there has been a lot going on here with a teething baby and running the motel but I have not forgotten and will definitely get another sent out soon!

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bran , way kool surprise :icon_thumleft:
Cynangyl , Good Idea to start this up

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Cynangyl said:
ANNOUNCING THE T-NET SUR(E)PRIZE

Well, it's getting to be that time of year. I was chatting with one of the other T-Net members the other day and he came up with the idea that I should send a surprise package of my cinnamon rolls to a selected member of T-Net. We've discussed it and mulled over how to accomplish what we're planning do, and of course I get to do all the work!

I've decided it's a good idea, so T-net members this is the announcement of the T-Net Sur(e)prize. A selected member of T-Net will receive a package of my cinnamon rolls, overnighted to their home address. No explanation, it will just arrive.

Here's the catch. You as recipient (after enjoying the rolls) will be responsible to refill the container, and ship it out to your selection of T-Net member. You will also need to come to this forum and announce that you were the recipient so we know you actually received the package. At that point, simply PM me with the selected T-Net member you plan to ship to, and I will keep track, so we know when the chain breaks.

If for example you are the recipient of a T-Net Sur(e)prize, and for whatever reason are unable at this time to refill and reship the container, I simply need a PM telling us and I'll start another package to someone I select.

The PM data will remain personal, though I may share it with the 'sponsor' of this activity, I have it on good authority that the 'sponsor' finds it remarkably easy to play dumb!..............He won't admit he is involved and no, I won't tell you who he is either...yes, this means you Evy! lol

I may be able to get multiple chains started and I may not. I know several people on this forum who are truly noteworthy sharers. I hope to be able to bless each of these. I feel certain they will refill and reship rapidly. Let's see how many chains we can get going.

Remember, if you're a receiver of the T-Net Sur(e)Prize you need to come here and publicly acknowledge that you got it, and then you need to refill and ship the package to someone you choose (a T-net member). The target does NOT have to be a charter member to be included in this process. Anyone that has an active ID on T-Net is eligible.

If you object to the process described above, please let us know so we can exclude you from any of the distributions........... :)

So, don't hold your breath, but with this announcement being public, you can expect to see someone acknowledge receipt of the Sur(e)Prize soon. Check in here and let me know if you like the idea, and want to start a chain of your own, I will send you the information sheet I include in the package and the information for the packaging I will be using for the rolls. I and/or the sponsor will attempt to keep track of all the chains. It is almost inevitable that someone will get multiple packages from different people because of their history of giving and sharing. That's okay. They deserve it! They'll just have to come here and acknowledge it.

:) I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving and super Christmas. Thanks for reading, come back often to keep up on the status. Love you guys!! ~hugsnprayers~ Cyn
These are the gifts that Modernminer sent to me in the T-Net Sur(e)Prize. This has been a fun experience. MM sent me a real nice CW nipple protector. It was hand made by a Confederate soldier (see the last picture). He also sent me a Civil War bullet shot into a piece of wood. Thanks, MM for all the nice gifts. Dman

Attachments

• DSC01034.JPG
    DSC01034.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 316
  • DSC01033.JPG
    DSC01033.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 305
  • DSC01032.JPG
    DSC01032.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 305
  • DSC01031.JPG
    DSC01031.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 312
  • DSC01030.JPG
    DSC01030.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 301
  • DSC01035.JPG
    DSC01035.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 267
OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Wow! Very cool stuff! Even a Chucky token! too fun! and munchies to eat while you marvel at all the cool stuff there is to find out there!

L

lovedigging

Well last night was a great surprise! Got home from work and had a package waiting at the door. I couldn't remember ordering anything, so after dinner I decided to open it. I'll have to say I was very shocked! I've been having withdrawls lately with all the snow that's been dumped on us lately here in VA (36 + inches), so opening a treasure chest full of civil war relics and goodies was inspiring, not to mention just plain fun. I want to thank you Doug, we had a good time going through each piece, and then creating a new box to send to the next recipient. This was a great idea!

P.S. Forgot to show the bag of jerky that was in the box also but then realized I was to busy eatting it ;D

Attachments

• my home in the snow.jpg
    my home in the snow.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 275
  • treasure box.jpg
    treasure box.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 284
  • treasure box2.jpg
    treasure box2.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 285

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread