What's new

Another 1st for me

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2006
Messages
1,930
Reaction score
811
Golden Thread
0
Location
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finished up some machine rolled dimes and found this. My 1st Canadian silver dime, a 1951. They're not common down here in NJ. Thanks for looking. HH-MM2
 

Attachments

  • DSCN3730.webp
    DSCN3730.webp
    36 KB · Views: 327
  • DSCN3731.webp
    DSCN3731.webp
    45.3 KB · Views: 329
Upvote 0
Congrats on the first. Love the old canadian silvers! Being closer to the border, I usually pull about 25 or so a year. The drawback is that I see hundreds of rims from the non-silver slugs in every batch of dimes I search. ffd
 
Sweet :thumbsup:
HH..Miner
 
Very good find ! In my opinion the pre Elizabeth dimes are as hard to find as Barbers and I'm closer to Canada than you.
HH
Rich
 
Nice find, and that one's in pretty good shape. :icon_thumleft:
 
I've found 3 silver Elizabeths down here, but never an Edward. Nice find.
 
Ltrain said:
I've found 3 silver Elizabeths down here, but never an Edward. Nice find.
Not to nitpick, but it looks like a George :wink:
 
MauserMan said:
Ltrain said:
I've found 3 silver Elizabeths down here, but never an Edward. Nice find.
Not to nitpick, but it looks like a George :wink:

Ah, right. I knew something was off about Edward, that's what I get for being lazy and not bothering to double check.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom