What's new

Another 8/27 Dime Box Today....

  • Thread starter Thread starter LJ
  • Start date Start date

LJ

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
3,469
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After calling more branches today....one branch that was finally able to give me a box of dimes had one dated 8-27. These tellers must think I am crazy asking for a specific date on these boxes...lol....but oh well.....ha! It produced 50 Rosie's & 5 Mercs.....wahooooo!

Another branch had one dated 8-29 so I took it hoping for an overflow from when they were rolled and boxed but it didn't materialize.....3 Rosie's.

At this bank I started chatting with one of the tellers (very young) about coins. She reached in her drawer and pulled out two 64 quarters and said they looked different from a regular quarter. I told her that was the last year they minted silver quarters and that she should keep them. She said she wasn't really interested in coins and offered them to me which I hesitated and again mentioned she should just hang on to them because they didn't make them out of silver anymore. She said she they have been in her drawer for a few months and she didn't collect coins and again offered...this time I took her up. She asked for my phone number and said if she gets anything else in that doesn't look normal she will call me. I will bring them some cookies or something very soon because that was very nice of her.

Answering the question from yesterday post about the collection book on the Rosie's......I haven't picked one up yet but I will.

The halves did well today also. I got a few more halves that were in very good shape again today. They still have that mint luster to them.

Thurm - You wanted to see a picture of yesterday's batch so I took a picture of today's and yesterday's together.

1-64
3-65's
5-66's
14-67's
12-68's
3-69's
1-Franklin 62-D
1-Walker 43
53 Rosie's
5 Mercs

98 Keepers
 

Attachments

  • P8080043.webp
    P8080043.webp
    65.5 KB · Views: 241
  • P8080041.webp
    P8080041.webp
    66.8 KB · Views: 227
Upvote 0
L J, you crack me up. Way to go after those 8/27 boxes, the effort has paid off. You even have tellers trying to give you their silver. You must have a hypnotic charm that makes banks give you their silver ;) Way to go, thanks for the post...Ryan
 
Nice hunt LJ. Again, you cease to amaze me. :P
 
Way to go!
I knew you would vacuum up those silver dimes- watch out quarters!
 
Thanks for the photos LJ ! They are beauties.

Still interested in what you have left for the silver rosies. You found so many already, I bet you're not missing that many.

Let us know.
 
Thanks all.

TXTim said:
Way to go!
I knew you would vacuum up those silver dimes- watch out quarters!

Darn Tim...You know, I never thought about the quarters! I wonder if whoever turned in this dime collection had quarters too ??? Now I will have to call all of these branches again and see if they have 8/27 dated boxes of quarters....ooooh the thought made my heart skip a beat!!

thurmownator said:
Thanks for the photos LJ ! They are beauties.

Still interested in what you have left for the silver rosies. You found so many already, I bet you're not missing that many.

Let us know.

I will let you know Thurm. Ya'll have me curious too now.

It will probably end up just like my Franklin collection book. Down to 4 to complete the set and finding every one but the few I need.....lol.....Murphy's Law huh.....
 
Damn, I've been hesitating to respond, because I've been so jealous. My best box has had 6 silver Rosies in it and you've cleaned my clock in past few weeks! I'm happy for you though, that's down right amazing. It makes me think your area is stuck in 1982 or something when there must have been more silver in the rolls.

You'll be filling up a Merc book soon! :)

Brian
 
kestrelia said:
Damn, I've been hesitating to respond, because I've been so jealous. My best box has had 6 silver Rosies in it and you've cleaned my clock in past few weeks! I'm happy for you though, that's down right amazing. It makes me think your area is stuck in 1982 or something when there must have been more silver in the rolls.

You'll be filling up a Merc book soon! :)

Brian

Thanks Brian, but I just got lucky & just happened to pick up a box when someone turned in a collection. After I figured out what date they were boxed I went after those boxes with this date. It is one of those cases of being in the right place at the right time & then exploiting it.

As you know...all good things come to an end.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom