What's new

Another Artifact ?

dackoda

Tenderfoot
Joined
Sep 8, 2013
Messages
4
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nanaimo B.C.
Found this stone in my next pan after finding the awl . I was going to throw it out until I noticed all the fine non uniformed scraping marks. I have no idea what it would have been used for . A scraper maybe?
 

Attachments

  • image-3201309970.webp
    image-3201309970.webp
    23.6 KB · Views: 115
  • image-774156772.webp
    image-774156772.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes I see the scraps. I would guess if you found it in a field where they plow or do no till farming it has probably happened from the tractor working the fields. I find rocks rite next to worked rocks and not all rocks even found in a camp site area are artifacts. I brought home a nice big rock today that was flat on both sides and round. I was hoping it was something but it was just a rock that was shaped round and flat. HH, rock
 
It was in one of the layers of a freshly eroded ocean bank the layer is about 2 feet above the beach and contains shell fragments and charcoal. The bank is about 10 feet high. I know the original owner of the property it has not been ploughed , only the site of the house has been excavated. The bank appears to be layered.
Thanks
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom