What's new

Another box of pennys & my first wide am

bula

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
606
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Another box of penny's & my first wide am

Picked up another box of penny's just to bide my time. Found six wheat's no good dates then came across my first wide AM a 1998 in near proof like condition. Still looking for one of the close am & a 1970 s small date.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Another box of penny's & my first wide am

not a bad result, good luck with the close AM and small date :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Another box of penny's & my first wide am

how much are wide am's worth? I'm in the SF bay area so I see a lot of 1970-S' but they all are the same or some that look a lot different than a large date don't look like small dates either. I think it's too confusing for a variety.
 
Re: Another box of penny's & my first wide am

The wide Am 1998, 1999, 2000 very on price depending on where you look. The 99 is suppose to be the rarest then the 98, then the 2000. The 2009 red book list them at $10 in PF65 but I have seen places that are selling them for several hundred dollars. I also look for the 1992 & 92d close am they are worth a bunch.

As far as the 1970S small date as best as I can tell the best way to tell if it is a small date is in the shape of the 9. Look at this web site. lincolncentresourse.com there is a lot of good info on this site.
 
Re: Another box of penny's & my first wide am

Except there isn't any such thing as a proof-65 for these coins. Only the 99 wide AM is worth much of the wide reverses.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom