What's new

Another Celt

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found another Celt today 8-)
I was walking a creek and I saw something in the channel had to roll my sleeve up to reach it. Felt smooth so I pulled it out and low and behold I found me another Celt. 2017 is looking better already.
N GA finds private creek with permission, rock
 

Attachments

  • SDC12137.webp
    SDC12137.webp
    380.4 KB · Views: 164
  • SDC12140.webp
    SDC12140.webp
    379.6 KB · Views: 150
  • SDC12142.webp
    SDC12142.webp
    604.2 KB · Views: 147
  • SDC12144.webp
    SDC12144.webp
    431.7 KB · Views: 151
  • SDC12146.webp
    SDC12146.webp
    313.8 KB · Views: 160
  • SDC12154.webp
    SDC12154.webp
    398.5 KB · Views: 139
Upvote 0
Man Rock you are on fire, that is a super celt. Great find:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
 
Really nice find! Glad you were able to salvage the whole piece as well since it looks like there's a fracture running across one side. Awesome!!
 
Super nice find Rock! Those celts are hard to come by around here.
 
Nice! (with head nodding up and down, up and down) :)
 
I would had to added some Exclamation points to that title..... !!!!!! Awesome. Simply awesome. Congrats!!!
 
way to go rock,that is a very nice one.
 
Really nice find! Glad you were able to salvage the whole piece as well since it looks like there's a fracture running across one side. Awesome!!

I will have to look didnt notice it. Anyway to preserve it so it doesnt crack? I havent even washed it not sure if I will now. Maybe thats why it was thrown in the creek they knew it was about to break.
 
That's an outstanding find! Congratulations on that one. That would make my year to find something like that. I've found a few but, always broken or damaged in one way or another.
 
You are on fire! Go looking again soon.
 
Great find Rock. I know you put the miles in, glad to see you pull out an awesome find. Congrats my man.
 
I will have to look didnt notice it. Anyway to preserve it so it doesnt crack? I havent even washed it not sure if I will now. Maybe thats why it was thrown in the creek they knew it was about to break.

That's a good point. Again Awesome save!!!!
 
Beautiful it looks like greenstone. I would think it will be ok if it has lasted this long. It has a real nice bit on it. Hardly any damage at all. Very good year it does look like!
 
Rock, I took a photo of the 3rd pic which is the one I thought showed a small fracture line. After enlarging it it looks like it's just a small streak of darker material running through the lighter material. I apologize for my crappy eyesight...
 
Great find! You'll have to find something special to top that, but I hope you do. You have a lot of success in the creeks you hunt!
 
Awesome find early in the new year, should keep your excitement momentum rolling.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom