What's new

Another Dam It day for me

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a 2 creek hunt today or 1 and a half cause I ran out of time. Found 2 worked pieces of flint in a creek I call Slag Creek. I found allot of slag but the 2 are ok no points. A oval thick scraper and a worked flake both whole. Then I went to another creek and hit that one. Went to about 5 gravel bars. Found many flint pieces but all were broken and 1 yellow quartzite something. Its broken rite down the middle. I kept it just in case the other half shows up. Got some sherds from pottery point and then went home. This is the best pics I could take.
HH, rock
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0011.webp
    DSCF0011.webp
    547.4 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCF0002.webp
    DSCF0002.webp
    553.9 KB · Views: 112
Upvote 0
Mom said there would be days like that:laughing7: Man you did good :icon_thumleft:, I have had days that I wished I had found that much:BangHead:
 
One of those days for me too...unseasonably warm here and was in the creek for several hours and found nothing...at least you did find something ;-) But I have to say it was so nice having a 65 degree day in January...saw a big crawfish and not sure what the other thing was it swam by so fast but looked like a good size horny head. Last January on a warm day was when I saw the big ass water snake so I was watchful today, me no likey surprises :tongue3:
 
Super day rock broke or not great finds !!!
 
I did find a snake skin which I thought was strange cause it was 18 degrees this morning. They said 58 today but I dont think it hit that maybe 50. My feet are still cold from being in the creek water. I did get a nice rim piece today. It looks like 3 scrapers, awl and 1 flake knife and some brokes and then of course sherds today. At least I didnt see any foot prints.
 
Rock you sure are on the pottery. You have a good pair of rubber Lacrosse knee boots? They make those creeks easy and keep the toes toasty. Its my hands that get me in the water. I try to carry a heat pack or two. You are going to hit the mother lode one day.
 
Rock you sure are on the pottery. You have a good pair of rubber Lacrosse knee boots? They make those creeks easy and keep the toes toasty. Its my hands that get me in the water. I try to carry a heat pack or two. You are going to hit the mother lode one day.

Thanks I have boots but only knee high. The creek is very high still but getting lower by the day. By the way I hit the mother load today :hello2:. I dont have a decent camera but am looking for one in the house.
 
Post em up. I want to see big guy.
 
One of those days for me too...unseasonably warm here and was in the creek for several hours and found nothing...at least you did find something ;-) But I have to say it was so nice having a 65 degree day in January...saw a big crawfish and not sure what the other thing was it swam by so fast but looked like a good size horny head. Last January on a warm day was when I saw the big ass water snake so I was watchful today, me no likey surprises :tongue3:

ok gotta ask, what is a horny head?
 
somehow I feel I will regret asking that
 
Post em up. I want to see big guy.
They are still drying now I have to try to find a camera but Ill give a hint my 1st one of the yr was a small Bolen Bevel. I was pleased to find it and it was in the creek in a drift wood section in the middle.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0007.webp
    DSCF0007.webp
    439.6 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Awesome finds rock I'm glad you had a great day ;)!!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom