What's new

Another day

mumszie

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
2,819
Reaction score
123
Golden Thread
0
Location
Spring Hill, Florida
I've been going out almost every day but here lately I just haven't been finding anything to brag about. My finds have really gone down this year but I guess everyone else's have too. It has been getting a little depressing but I keep trying. This morning I went out and at first it was the same old story. A few coins (very few), a pair of sunglasses and nails. **sigh** I didn't notice it until I got in the water that my watch had stopped working so I had to guess at the time. I figured it was about time for me to leave and so I started back to shore. BAM! I got a nice hit! Yeah baby! Finally a nice hit! And it was too. I saw the gold in the scoop before all the sand even ran out. OH YEAH FINALLY! A "good" one. It is a large ring 10k and has a very dark brown (I think) stone. It is not black - but dark DARK brown. When you move it around it has like a yellow glow or star so I am thinkig it may be a tiger eye? I don't know. I just know it's BIG. It is way too big even for my thumb. It just falls off so I am guessing it is probably a man's ring. It weighs 6 gm. I could care less.

IT'S GOLD AND A RING! I'm happy!

082010.jpg


Ring08201010k.jpg


My totals for this morning.... 83 cents in clad, a pair of cheap sunglasses and one gold ring! Yippee!

I hope your day goes as well or better. Good luck to all. :wink:
 
Upvote 0
finally! perisitence pays.

Nice find!
 
Congratulations Mummzie on the gold ring.

I know how you feel about not finding anything good for a long period. So I congratulate you for your persistence, as we all know that eventually it will pay off.


Cheers, :coffee2:

Ralph
 
Sweet ring Mumszie!!! It's funny how when we go even a short while without finding gold, it seems like forever :dontknow:

Persistence is the key.
 
Mumszie gets the gold!!!!

And the crowd goes wild!!
 
Congratulations on the nice gold ring :).Could the setting be a black star saphire? Just a thought.
 
Nice big fat one!!...........love seeing the gold. WTG Mumszie :hello2:
 
congrats on the nice find mumszie!!! I think it is a black star sapphire too..
 
Nice going Mums!!!
Isnt that a great feeling when you have had little for finds, and then pop one out just as you are getting ready to leave?
I'm hoping that things heat up when the Snobards start showing up.
 
Way 2 Go!! :thumbsup: Great ring find.
 
mybe its a star garnet?? :dontknow: Anyway, its a VERY nice ring :headbang: :hello2:
 
rons1947 said:
Congratulations on the nice gold ring :).Could the setting be a black star saphire? Just a thought.

That's what i was thinking it was also!!!!!

Shine a light on it and tell us what you See!!!! :o :o :o
 
ALLRIGHT MUMSZIE!!!! WTG :hello2:
That ring must have really got your blood
pumping when you saw it in the scoop as
the sand was sifting out. A find like that takes
the bad taste away from those hunts when you
only found junquers and fish-hooks! I'm
happy for you..... Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
Mumszie,

I knew you were due to find some nice gold over there. There is still more waiting to be found and I hope you find a few of them. I think your stone might be what they call a Lindy Star. It might be an older one at that looking at the style of your new found gold ring. Congratulations and I hope finding another hunk of gold doesn't take as long.

JRich
 
Nice ring Mumszie :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom