Another First - 1854 Seated with Arrows - Silver

PGHDigger

Jan 3, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's 20 degrees and I have the day off, went outside this morning on a rare day off to find the ground under the snow is still soft. Because of how cold it is I just went across the street to an abandoned Victorian era home that I have hunted a little. Didn't get a single hit in the front, so walked around back and decided to poke around the old garage.

I dug up three cans in the first 5 minutes and was just about ready to head inside for some warm up coffee... When I got another can hit... Was walking away when I decided I had better just dig it so it won't be there next time... I dug a plug and was looking for my can when I caught the edge of a large coin... Well... To my surprise... A very old silver popped out of the ground...

My first seated... And a half none the less... I gotta go back out and find more...

Loving my fisher f2...

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 12
Congrats on the seated half. you are on a roll with the big silver. The wind chill was -2 in Pittsburgh when I went to work this morning, so that's some hard core digging.

Congrats on the seated half. you are on a roll with the big silver. The wind chill was -2 in Pittsburgh when I went to work this morning, so that's some hard core digging.

That sounds about right... Short trips out with frequent warm up breaks... I got lucky with the half... The ground has been getting harder as the day progresses with no hope of it thawing anytime soon... I am done for the day now... That seated was the only non-zinc find of the day... I'll take it though...

I'm not sure how I'm gonna scratch this itch in the winter... I do have a crawl space out of my basement that is dirt floor, not much clearance but the soil is untouched and definitely hasn't been detected...

Stunning seated half !, congrats on a great find!

You don't dig those everyday. Nice find. I actually found an 1854 seated quarter this past weekend.

Awesome find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back