What's new

another gold from the lake

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2011
Messages
12,306
Reaction score
11,453
Golden Thread
0
Location
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
like I said in my last find posting, the lakes are really drying up from the ridiculous heat and drought we've had all summer. This week has been extra brutal with temps each day from 108 to 111 degrees. Hit the lake again early this morning and was able to hunt for about 4 hours before it got too hot. I'm not getting in the water, just hunting the now exposed swimming areas. All I found today was a clad quarter and this nice white gold ring. It's not marked, but rang up a +10 on my XLT. I suspect it's 10k. It's small.... about a size 4, but it is really wide... maybe 7mm.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8417.webp
    IMG_8417.webp
    371.2 KB · Views: 854
Upvote 4
Nice find. I wish I could do the same here. The lakes seem to be state property. I took the liberty to resize your picture.

Happy Hunting
Bernie Clark
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8417.webp
    IMG_8417.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 821
thanks for resizing the pic Bernie. Took some pictures of my daughter's b-day party a few days ago and forgot to turn the resolution down for the ring pic :-[
 
Very nice ring find jewelerguy! :notworthy:

Great idea to hunt the low water line of rivers, ponds and swimming areas these days! :thumbsup:

Dave
 
jewelerguy said:
thanks for resizing the pic Bernie. Took some pictures of my daughter's b-day party a few days ago and forgot to turn the resolution down for the ring pic :-[

No problem. I just learned how to do it recently and figured I would help out when I can since others have done the same for me. Nice ring though. Still waiting on my first one.
 
That looks like a gage that goes in the ear lobe.
 
lookindown said:
That looks like a gage that goes in the ear lobe.

Yeah, it's probably that.

And it looks like Stainless to me and not gold.
 
bazinga said:
lookindown said:
That looks like a gage that goes in the ear lobe.

Yeah, it's probably that.

And it looks like Stainless to me and not gold.

hmmm... never thought of that. could be... even though it's not karat stamped, I'm pretty certain it is gold. vdi reading was right in line with other golds I've found and identical to the 10k white gold wedding band I dug last time I was at the lake. anything stainless should have given a reading much higher. I'll have to acid test it as soon as possible.
 
Yup it's an ear plug. That's why it's flared, to hold it in place.
 

Attachments

  • guage.webp
    guage.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 497
Awesome, Congrats on the find, :icon_thumright: !

TommNJ
 
Could be an earplug but I have a ring exactly like it. It's made by Tiffany and marked T & Co. 925. it is still being sold for about $225. If yours don't say T & Co., it's an earplug.
 

Attachments

  • ring.webp
    ring.webp
    13.8 KB · Views: 337
another pick...
 

Attachments

  • $(KGrHqYOKpkE1qylIVHlBNsYVlfIQ!~~0_12.webp
    $(KGrHqYOKpkE1qylIVHlBNsYVlfIQ!~~0_12.webp
    16.2 KB · Views: 340
Looking at your bigger picture I see no markings so it may be an earplug. This ring was so big and ugly I thought it was a napkin holder. It was with another ring I think I tossed the other ring(thought it was fake) then seen it on Ebay for over $1200. UGH
 
A stainless steel bolt i found rang up in that high foil range, too (spectrum eagle).
 
Congratulation! Nice
 
It does look like something other then a finger ring. But what?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom