Another good "clad" GLAD day with my Whites MX5 at the local High School

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back to the local High School and starting Phase-2 of hunting ALL non-ferrous targets (kinda like hunting the local beaches "looking for GOLD rings & jewelry"). Many of the regulars on here know that I am older (age 77) and although in excellent health for my age, WE older "dirt diggers" have to pace ourselves and I choose to detect, using 2 or 3 phases of recovery to limit getting "up & down" to recover "good" targets.

SO, in Phase-1 I will ONLY dig "high tone" targets to accumulate the highest number of SILVER rings, jewelry & coins, and clad Dollars-Halfs-Quarters-Dimes & larger Copper coins to include the 95% copper cents. This method saves a lot of time & helps pays for my gas so I can afford to go again & more often (You know many of us older & retired are on a "fixed income 8-)).

Then like today hunting in Phase-2, looking for GOLD targets using the VDI numbers (which by the way is extremely accurate on the White's MX-5) and on "coin sized" targets don't bounce around much. BUT as we all know about 90% of the targets are foil, pulltabs/beavertails & assorted aluminum junk etc. TODAY I found 49 coins a lot of tabs & trash to include 18-quarters, 12-dimes, 4-nickels & 15 cents for a $-total of $6.05 which took more time but still HAPPY with the $ amount.

P1010130.jpg

HAPPY HUNTING to Everyone & GOOD LUCK

BILL
Northern "Panhandle" FLORIDA

Last edited:
Upvote 8

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going wlb. That Gold Honker will be under your coil again soon. Keep on keeping on.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice going wlb. That Gold Honker will be under your coil again soon. Keep on keeping on.:thumbsup:
Hey, Patriot.....Thanks for your service....AND - yes my MX-5 "bangs" deep & accurate on nickels at VDI "18" and I found 4 nickels yesterday "loud & clear" almost a "low tone" of its own but I also found a few weeks ago a small 14K GOLD band in a Grade school playground that also rang in at "18" while hunting in Phase-2 and finding several nickels. So it does PAY to hunt all non-ferrous targets along with the "junk".

BILL

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHAT:dontknow:...................... no pencil erasers???
once ya clear the junky clad---- time for the silvers---- then add an 1844 LC----- GW's, Merc, Rosies, Buffys, a pile of STER. (no GOLD--- just a 1/20GF ring)--- spent a month at my HS for over $300 in loot:happysmiley:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good game plan keep us posted gotta be more good and silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread