Another good morning

VA relicman

Apr 13, 2020
VA
Detector(s) used
equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got to the spot at 5:45 this morning so I could beat the heat. My buddy was supposed to be there at 6, but was late as usual so I started without him. I didnt find anything right away so when he arrived I went to meet him and showed him where I thought we should try today. I directed him on a line that went along the edge of a fence where I ran into a confederate bullet spill last weekend. He scanned over the spot where I found the spill and got a solid reading of more bullets in the hole that I missed. I told him to dig them since I was dumb enough to not re-scan my hole before I left. Sure enough he pops out 2 more confederate bullets. They were his first so I was just as happy for him as he was. Hes new to detecting so I set up his nox the same way I have mine set up, but I cant swing it for him. He did end up finding a musket ball too, but it was a pretty uneventful day for him but he was happy. I had a pretty decent day. Two more firsts for me today. My first decent find for the day was this 1863 IHP. My first one so I was very happy when it came out of the ground, even if it is pretty toasty.
DSC_0050.JPG
I've always wanted to find a bullet stuck in a piece of wood since I started detecting. Today I found three of them. I knew one was modern so I threw that one away, but I kept these two since i'm not sure if they're modern yet.
DSC_0043.JPG
DSC_0044.JPG
Also managed to find another musket ball today, and a union bullet spill. Found the 6 three ringers in one hole and then I found the one big hoss 3 ringer all by his lonesome. The smaller two in the middle i need to do some research one. They have rings and no rifling, so im not sure if theyre period yet. It was a pretty good morning before the heat set in.
DSC_0053.JPG

Upvote 8

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the finds. The bullets in the wood are really cool! I wouldnโ€™t throw one out just because it appears modern, Iโ€™d add it to the collection!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!! Congrats!!! The bullet in the wood is a Cool Display piece!!!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds VA. Like those bulletts in the wood, and your IH penny.

NZ49er

Apr 3, 2018
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love finding those .69 3 ringers. It's been a while for me. Awesome day!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good of you to help your partner set up his Nox and good job on all the relics the bullet lodged in wood is cool Well done my friend...........Tommy

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome hunt, congrats! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread