Another great day at the beach, with a personal best in the number of silver coins in one day!

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to the same beach as the one I posted about last week, and I was not disappointed! I arrived just after the peak of high tide, so I didn't have time to wait for low tide and hunt the areas where I previously found the silver jewelry and coins. However, there was an area of beach that was dry sand last week and was wet sand today with a thin layer of sand stripped away by the tide. Here is what I found today:
All Finds.JPG

The good stuff, obviously, is in the bottom half of the picture. Here is a summary:
14 wheat pennies dating from 1941 through 1958
2 Silver Washington Quarters (1941 and 1954)
2 Mercury Dimes (1935 and 1944)
9 Silver Roosevelt Dimes (1946 through 1964)

With the exception of cleaning one of the wheat pennies to determine what it was, this is how the coins came out of the sand! I was amazed at how little corrosion there was on most of the coins.

If you're wondering what the objects are at the top left of the picture, the silvery round thing is part of a fishing reel, and the coppery/brass thing next to it is a vintage automotive coolant system thermostat.

Here are closeups of the silver coins, front and back:
Silver Coins Obverse.JPG

Silver Coins Reverse.JPG

I probably won't be able to get back to this beach until this weekend, but I'll certainly post more finds if it keeps producing the way it has been!

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to look at my post, and may your next hunt bring you joy!

Upvote 19

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to the same beach as the one I posted about last week, and I was not disappointed! I arrived just after the peak of high tide, so I didn't have time to wait for low tide and hunt the areas where I previously found the silver jewelry and coins. However, there was an area of beach that was dry sand last week and was wet sand today with a thin layer of sand stripped away by the tide. Here is what I found today:
View attachment 2050233

The good stuff, obviously, is in the bottom half of the picture. Here is a summary:

With the exception of cleaning one of the wheat pennies to determine what it was, this is how the coins came out of the sand! I was amazed at how little corrosion there was on most of the coins.

If you're wondering what the objects are at the top left of the picture, the silvery round thing is part of a fishing reel, and the coppery/brass thing next to it is a vintage automotive coolant system thermostat.

View attachment 2050234

View attachment 2050235

I probably won't be able to get back to this beach until this weekend, but I'll certainly post more finds if it keeps producing the way it has been!

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to look at my post, and may your next hunt bring you joy!
Very Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
TomW244

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi-Yo Silver ! Away !! Congrats on your great, numerous finds, especially your great haul of Ag !!
Thank you! It has definitely been a wonderful month!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2050233

View attachment 2050234

View attachment 2050235

Congrats....your crushing it sir !! Great work !!

OP
OP
TomW244

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
TomW244

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread