What's new

Another Lunch break hunt ~ BIG silver, medium silver, and small silver coins!

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2006
Messages
2,429
Reaction score
697
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Hello Friends!

Well, it was such a nice sunny day today and my office wasn't busy at all, so I took an extended lunch break to do some more detecting! Here's what I dug today:

1952-D Franklin Half dollar
1954-S Washington Quarter
1944-S Mercury Dime
Aluminum PLAY COIN 10c
50 Cal. round
2 Tooties Toy trucks
11 wheat cents ~ 42-S x2, 44-S x2, 45-S x2, 46-D, 46-S, 52-D, 57-D, & 58-D
4 clad quarters
7 clad dimes
1 modern nickel
53 Memorial cents
"Jack & Jill" themed lapel pin

I dug this stuff in Springfield ~ which is not far from where I live in Eugene Oregon. The strange thing is that until today I had never dug a single silver coin in Springfield! I've dug plenty of wheats and modern pocket change there in the past ~ now today I dug three silver coins in one yard!

I took pic's of the silver before & after I gently cleaned them up. And a close-up picture of the play dime just for the fun of it. It's amazing how well those little guys come in on my White's XLT ~ it actually came in better than the 1944 Merc dime! WEIRD!!

Thanks for looking!
Neil
 

Attachments

  • Feb20-2009coinsDIRTY.webp
    Feb20-2009coinsDIRTY.webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 949
  • Feb20-2009coinsCLEAN.webp
    Feb20-2009coinsCLEAN.webp
    29.8 KB · Views: 948
  • Feb20-2009JACKandJILL.webp
    Feb20-2009JACKandJILL.webp
    22.8 KB · Views: 951
  • Feb20-2009TOOTSIEtoys.webp
    Feb20-2009TOOTSIEtoys.webp
    23.3 KB · Views: 941
  • Feb20-2009mercdime.webp
    Feb20-2009mercdime.webp
    27 KB · Views: 942
  • Feb20-2009wash25c.webp
    Feb20-2009wash25c.webp
    30.8 KB · Views: 939
  • Feb20-2009franklinHALF.webp
    Feb20-2009franklinHALF.webp
    32.5 KB · Views: 941
  • Feb20-2009playdime.webp
    Feb20-2009playdime.webp
    37.2 KB · Views: 1,010
Upvote 0
Holy Cow Nice finds Congrats :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Lots of goodies! I like to find the old tootsie toys....and of course...silver!
 
Nice finds! I found one of those Jack and Jill pins a few years back; you wonder where they came from.
 
WOW! Congrats on all that SILVER!!!! :thumbsup:

I think your "Thin Dime" aluminum coin came from the same game of which I found a "Henny Penny". Does it say something about "Chicken Feed" on the other side? Sure looks like the same style of press as my Henny Penny.

Congrats! :thumbsup:
 
Whoa! Nice finds!
I KNEW it wouldn't be long! :thumbsup:
Nice going!
 
Sweet hunt. I like that Franklin Half. Congrats.
 
Nice stuff I dont know if I like the coins better or te hair barret.
 
Great way to spend the lunch time. Myself, I would have had ribs and a nap.
 
Excellent finds Neil..WTG!! :thumbsup:
I'm gonna follow you on your lunch breaks
one of these days... just kidding.
Congrats on the silver, toys and pins and a
great lunch. Gold Nuggets :icon_jokercolor:
 
Great bunch of finds. I have been through both Eugene and Springfield. Never did any metal detecting in either town, but when I was doing some schooling in Newberg I enjoyed getting out on the weekends and driving around, taking pictures, and getting different post office cancellations on a set of stamps.
Am from the LaGrande/Elgin area. Have done a little hunting in that area, but almost none in the Salem area, where I lived when going to school.

Good luck on future hunts. Keep finding the big, medium, and small size silver...... :thumbsup:
 
That was quite a nice lunch break. Lots of nice finds, especially the silver.

Big E
 
beetle662 said:
WOW! Congrats on all that SILVER!!!! :thumbsup:

I think your "Thin Dime" aluminum coin came from the same game of which I found a "Henny Penny". Does it say something about "Chicken Feed" on the other side? Sure looks like the same style of press as my Henny Penny.

Congrats! :thumbsup:

No, the other side has an image of a steamy cup of coffee and "10" & "TEN". I've dug a dozen of these over the last 15 years!
 
With finds like that, I wouldn't be eating lunch either. Nice scores Neil! :thumbsup:
 
Ice cream could not have made for a sweeter lunch than that silver. Congrats! :thumbsup:
 
Awesome lunch hunt and congrats on the silver! I wonder what the 50. cal bullet is doing there? HH, Mike
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom