West Jersey Detecting
Gold Member
- Joined
- Oct 23, 2006
- Messages
- 5,249
- Reaction score
- 1,102
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- Philadelphia Area
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
- Primary Interest:
- Other
Another Military Button: This Time it's a 1820's USMC Button.
This has been the year of the buttons for me. After getting snowed out in January & February I quickly made up for lost time. I must have found more than 100 buttons this year. More of them have been military than any prior years total. The only explaination I have is that the V3 is extremely sensitive to small, deeply buried targets. After some nice coin finds in March with a few coppers and some nice silver, I have been in a coin slump. I am having trouble remembering what a nice deep coin even sounds like!
The USMC one piece button was found with a bunch of flat buttons at the site that I found the 1810 British Customs button at (http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,322673.0.html) earlier this week. It's not in the greatest condition, but it is still a nice addition to my rapidly growing button collection!
This has been the year of the buttons for me. After getting snowed out in January & February I quickly made up for lost time. I must have found more than 100 buttons this year. More of them have been military than any prior years total. The only explaination I have is that the V3 is extremely sensitive to small, deeply buried targets. After some nice coin finds in March with a few coppers and some nice silver, I have been in a coin slump. I am having trouble remembering what a nice deep coin even sounds like!
The USMC one piece button was found with a bunch of flat buttons at the site that I found the 1810 British Customs button at (http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,322673.0.html) earlier this week. It's not in the greatest condition, but it is still a nice addition to my rapidly growing button collection!
Attachments
Upvote
8
Got it's Navy cousin, but not that one yet 







