Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious if the pattern is familiar to any of our experts:

2016 (694).jpg 2016 (693).jpg

The best I can make out on the back-mark is possibly "ORANGE"

The button is just over 2 cm if that helps.

Thanks ahead of time!

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; I is a common 2 piece button. The word Orange just refers to the color of the gold being used as the gilting ok. The higher the karat of gold being used the more Orange it will be ok. It refers to an orange type hue the higher karat gold gives off ok. Not that the gold is actually Orange. Yours dates to 1840 - 1860 ok. PEACE:RONB

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; I is a common 2 piece button. The word Orange just refers to the color of the gold being used as the gilting ok. The higher the karat of gold being used the more Orange it will be ok. It refers to an orange type hue the higher karat gold gives off ok. Not that the gold is actually Orange. Yours dates to 1840 - 1860 ok. PEACE:RONB

ok. :tongue3:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ya know, I always thought a two piece button had two pieces. Ok? This seems to be solid. Ok? Maybe, the flower design on the front means something to someone. Ok? ;)

Thanks for trying, ok? ;)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread