• hand print-2_edited-5.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-5.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 281
Upvote 0

markincypress

Apr 6, 2012
cypress texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX3030, Tesoro Tejon and Sand Shark, Fisher F75-ltd, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My local dealer has them along with the Garrett one. Not much difference in depth between the two. The price for the Minelab was a bit more along with the belt holster having a much smaller belt loop opening. Saw one, felt one and handed it back. Others may think its great but its not for me. My Minelab CTX on the other hand I will NOT be handing back!

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
markincypress, you don't have a Minelab CTX in your detector listing. The Pro-Find is $9 higher in list price. What I was wondering is are they both the same size? Frank

Attachments

• hand print-2_edited-5.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-5.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 251

markincypress

Apr 6, 2012
cypress texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX3030, Tesoro Tejon and Sand Shark, Fisher F75-ltd, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fixed my profile; adding my CTX3030,removing my Cortes which I sold a few months back.
The Minelab pin pointer is a bit longer length. Most of the features on it I found were not needed (for me at least; like why would you want the sensitivity cranked all the way down? I never had a use for that before so why now?). I just need a pin pointer that I turn on use and turn off. The Minelab one, if I recall you would: push the button to set the sensitivity, then set sound, vibrate, or both and it was supposed to retain your settings. But like I said, I prefer one that is on or off; like the Garrett. The deal breaker was the very small belt loop for the holder. I use a much wider belt with my gear. At the time it was introduced it was about $40.00 more expensive than the Garrett Pro-Pointer.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Copy of the pro pointer...Ill stick with the original.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab claimed it would be released many months ago and then nothing. Just silence from minelab. I use a Sunray, but if I was going with a seperate one I think I would go with Garrett just on principle. If Minelab made improvement to justify a higher price, OK but not a higher price for what has already been available.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Markincypress, If you are looking for simplisity of operation there is one that turns it self on and off. I think it is called the Vibreprobe 580. It is also 100% waterproof. Frank hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

markincypress

Apr 6, 2012
cypress texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I have one of the original Vibraprobe's (turns on and off by moving it in a certain manner) Also have a Treasure Mate (remember them? has both a ground ballance and sensitvity knob, works great but I kept bumping the knobs). The Garrett Pro-Pointer has worked best for me. I like the sound and vibration of the Garrett with the simplicity of just a On/Off button. To each his own. Like I said the Minelab when introduced was $40.00 more than the Pro-pointer. My dealer (who sellls Garrett, Minelab and others) did a test and found the Minelab was just a tad deeper but I kept my Garrett Pro-pointer. I do not water hunt much but keep my old Vibraprobe for if I do.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
If you are interested in selling the Vibraprobe, PM me. Frank hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread