What's new

Another point from the garden

Huzzah!

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2019
Messages
350
Reaction score
608
Golden Thread
0
Location
Old Virginny
Detector(s) used
AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weeds are beginning to come back in the garden so I took a hand tiller to it. Found this little guy. Central VA James River lowgrounds. Woodland I'm assuming? Pretty thin too.

Point348.webp
 
Upvote 0
Nice, yes, I'd say woodland.
 
Agree Tdog
 
Looks like a woodland triangle. In Virginia, probably would be called a Yadkin. They were often made on large quartzite flakes, probably picked up from the chip piles of the earlier Late Archaic Savannah River knappers.
 
Keith--good guess. Was found very close to that one knapping site I mentioned to you. Found more points in the garden alone than at that entire site area, funny enough :occasion18:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom