What's new

Another quick dip in the creek paid off

SemperFind

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
53
Reaction score
64
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found today, calling it a benton
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2682.webp
    IMG_2682.webp
    433 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_2683.webp
    IMG_2683.webp
    375.8 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_2685.webp
    IMG_2685.webp
    177.2 KB · Views: 162
Upvote 0
I'm calling it a sweet find. Glad the creek didn't beat it up.
 
Nice one looks perfect. What do you think the material is ? Looks good you have been hammering the finds. You getting any brokes or pottery to go along with them?
HH
TnMtns
 
Very nice ! What do you call that material, find a few pieces of that flint here in central Pa..One of my favorites !
 
Nice point!!!.......................GTP
 
I'm calling it a sweet find. Glad the creek didn't beat it up.

I was thinking the same thing...do some flints hold up better in creeks than others? I haven't seen alot of creek finds but the ones I have seen show wear patterns associated with being tumbled and smoothed down by virture of being in the water. On the other hand, this point and the other one the OP posted are likely recent introductions to the creek, that's my guess. Very nice finds to say the least.
 
Well I can say that my stream and creek finds are in better condition than my river and tidal finds. But there is more finds in the river and tidal than anywhere else. I take what I can get. Would some one please plow!!!'
 
Thats a great find, great job. And as Johnnyx said, love the color!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom