Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of you may remember the stone chimney area I've been detecting at, and some of the relics I've dug.
I just finished this first relic shadowbox for the owners as a way of showing my appreciation. I'm sure there will be a lot more, since I haven't been detecting at this place long. :thumbsup:
Can you believe the harmonica reeds at this spot already! :o

Have a great week Folks,
MM

Attachments

• MVC-032S.JPG
    MVC-032S.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 936
Upvote 0

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Jack Wagon, don't let your head get any bigger than it is but you are the absolute best at making boxes and displaying artifacts of anyone that I have ever seen. Your most recent effort shown is somehing any landowner will cherish. Hey, where's that U.S. buckle currently on Banner? Shouldn't it be in there?-LOL. Great Job MM, Q.

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VOL1266-X said:
Hey Jack Wagon, don't let your head get any bigger than it is but you are the absolute best at making boxes and displaying artifacts of anyone that I have ever seen. Your most recent effort shown is somehing any landowner will cherish. Hey, where's that U.S. buckle currently on Banner? Shouldn't it be in there?-LOL. Great Job MM, Q.

Thanks Q. High school art class paid off a lot more than square dancing did. :tongue3: :laughing9:
I was going to put the "U.S" buckle in there, but it was stuck up there on the banner and I couldn't figure out how to get it back. :dontknow: :laughing7:
Actually, I'm saving it until I see you so I can show you what one looks like. :icon_jokercolor:
Thanks buddy,
Doug

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup: Very well done Shadowbox , MM ..... I am impressed and Bob Dylan would be as we!! Where is the US buckle ??? :dontknow: :icon_scratch: :headbang: :hello2: :laughing7: Dawg

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very decent of you to do that for the land owners as a thank you Doug! :notworthy:
You set a great example of how are hobby should be looked upon by the public! :icon_thumright:

Dave

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CMDiamonddawg said:
:thumbsup: Very well done Shadowbox , MM ..... I am impressed and Bob Dylan would be as we!! Where is the US buckle ??? :dontknow: :icon_scratch: :headbang: :hello2: :laughing7: Dawg

Thanks Dawg.
I was going to put the "U.S" buckle in there, but it was stuck up there on the banner and I couldn't figure out how to get it back. :laughing9:

-Dug-

rtde3 said:
VOL1266-X said:

Yep what he said! :thumbsup:

Rob,
I thought you knew better than to listen to Quindy. :nono: :violent1:
I'm going to display the buckle by itself in a box. I order a copy of the 1974 "Soldiers" Time/Life book that Kuger recommended. It has pictures in there of this buckle being worn by the US troops. I may use a page from that book in the background of my display.
You two clowns will just have to wait Brotha. :icon_thumleft:
-Doug-

RIcoinhunter said:
Nice display!!!!!

Thanks RI. :thumbsup:
-MM-

tymcmurray said:
I think you should put that harmonica back together.
Another nice box!

Thanks Ty.
I tried to, but I "blew" it. ;D :tongue3:
-Dug-

Antiquarian said:
Very decent of you to do that for the land owners as a thank you Doug! :notworthy:
You set a great example of how are hobby should be looked upon by the public! :icon_thumright:

Dave

Thanks Dave.
I just appreciate the chance to be able to detect on a lot of these old properties, and like to give the owners a piece of history to go with their property. Some of these places keep me detecting for years, so I feel the shadowbox is a drop in the bucket for all the fun they allow me to have. As you know, it's getting tougher to find these old properties.
Thanks again,
Doug

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are an outstanding detectorist! Everyone on here should follow your example!
:wav: :blob3: :blob8:

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SkyPirate said:
You are an outstanding detectorist! Everyone on here should follow your example!
:wav: :blob3: :blob8:

I hope not Joe, we may all end up on the funny farm. :tongue3: :laughing9:
Thanks,
Doug

Dman said:
Awesome. I really like the way you fix displays.
Dman

Dman,
You still awake? You need to be resting up that shoulder up. You'll need all the strength you have just to pull Quindy around in that wagon next week. :tongue3:
Thank D,
Dug

Woodland Detectors said:
That is really good work Doug.
People, take notes. Honorable mention!

Thanks Mikey.
YOU deserve an Honorable Mention for all you & Maggie do for the kids. :thumbsup:
Hope you are doing well up there in VA. I know NC misses you already. :'(
-Dug-

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking display! I recently saw on PawnStars that the Harmonica wasn't introduced to the United States until 1862. I would have thought it would have been earlier than that.

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve in PA said:
Nice looking display! I recently saw on PawnStars that the Harmonica wasn't introduced to the United States until 1862. I would have thought it would have been earlier than that.

Thanks Steve.
I saw that episode too. You can actually learn a lot on that show. Some interesting things come in to that place. I saw Chumlee in person there about three weeks ago when we were in Vegas. The place was packed!.
-Doug-

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The pic of field in the center is a good idea!! :thumbsup:
H

U

umrgolf

That's such a great practice that more diggers should pick up.. 2 years ago I had a land owner that was real sketchy about letting me and my buddy out in his fields.. soooo, we made him a box (not nearly this nice) with a few coins and buttons and a $50 gift certificate to his favorite restaurant (asked his wife :wink: ) .. next time we came back, he told us to spend the weekend if we wanted :laughing7: so we camped out in the field for 3 days... the guy even offered to let us stay in the house or use the showers :laughing9: kindness and gratitude go a long way :headbang: Honorable Mention!

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HISPAN said:
The pic of field in the center is a good idea!! :thumbsup:
H
Thanks Hispan. That old stone chimney with all of those flowers around it is really a sight to see.
-MM-

DD-777 said:
I've already told you - your a class-act my friend. Top-notch all the way... :icon_thumright:

Thanks Dude. :thumbsup:

BobinSouthVA said:
Great work Doug

Are the items fixed in the shadowbox? can it be hung up?

:icon_thumleft:

Bob,
Yep, it can be hung on a wall. I use a clear silicon glue (Liquid Nails) to put the pieces in place. That stuff sticks to anything. I let it dry overnight, and by morning it can be hung up. I also glue a "thank you" note to the back with one of my detecting cards in case anyone (friend of the owner) ever looks at it and needs to get in touch with me. ;D
-Doug-

umrgolf said:
That's such a great practice that more diggers should pick up.. 2 years ago I had a land owner that was real sketchy about letting me and my buddy out in his fields.. soooo, we made him a box (not nearly this nice) with a few coins and buttons and a $50 gift certificate to his favorite restaurant (asked his wife :wink: ) .. next time we came back, he told us to spend the weekend if we wanted :laughing7: so we camped out in the field for 3 days... the guy even offered to let us stay in the house or use the showers :laughing9: kindness and gratitude go a long way :headbang: Honorable Mention!

Man, you guys know how to roll. :thumbsup:
Generosity goes a loooooooooooooooooong way when dealing with most property owners. I think a lot of them just get a kick out of seeing what can be found on their property.
Thanks Jeff,
Doug

novafinder

Mar 18, 2011
nova scotia
Detector(s) used
teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds modernminer someone was a real harp player back in the day, but i guess they didnt have youtube for somethin to do in those days

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread