Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A cornea transplant takes about a year to heal properly. I made to just over 8 months and then a fluke accident happened while I was sleeping. I somehow ended up with my Cpap mask pushing just right onto my eye and the stitches separated. An emergency surgery and repaired, for a week and then the transplant was scrapped for another one and another year started. I have a ten pound weight lifting restriction for about a month or so to keep from bulging the eye and tearing it all loose. it is amazing what all causes your eyes to bulge. yawning, coughing, bad sneezes, any form of strain even from using the bathroom. So no digging or anything remotely like it. The cornea is very cloudy for several months, like you eye is fogged up. But I didn't get a bad infection so I didn't lose my eye so that is great. But my depth perception is way off again and all of the other problems plus I have to sleep with an eye shield all the time for a long time. The crazy thing was that each time, the problem happened on a Saturday, one was the 4th of July weekend. So it is back to long drives one day a week to get it checked out by both my doctor and the VA eye doctors. And I still get a shot in the eye for the macular degeneration. I have to say that VA has been awesome with my eyes. Got a different mask now for whenever I start using it again.

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear of these troubles. May God bless you and grant you a speedy recovery.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That just really sucks. I had a few weeks restrictions after cataract surgery and that drove me crazy, but a year and then having to repeat it. Wow, I hope that the year passes quickly with no mishaps and you can then put it behind you.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hated to click 'like' on that, but I did to let you know I was thinkin about you and hopin things get better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread