🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning Eric.
Your rock looks similar to 'slag' to me? :icon_scratch:

"Slag is the by-product left over after a desired metal has been separated from its raw ore. Slag is usually a mixture of metal oxides and silicon dioxide. However, slags can contain metal sulfides and elemental metals. While slags are generally used to remove waste in metal smelting, they can also serve other purposes, such as assisting in the temperature control of the smelting, and minimizing any re-oxidation of the final liquid metal product before the molten metal is removed from the furnace and used to make solid metal. In some smelting processes, such as ilmenite smelting to produce titanium dioxide, the slag is the valuable product instead of the metal."

You might want to consider posting your question here as well... Geological Forums

Dave

Upvote 0
OP
OP
E

Erik Blackburn

Greenie
Feb 2, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I understand smelting but the area does not have any history of anything of it except soap stone was mined in some small way years ago the natural rock is that of slate like plates in the spring that runs through and bed of lava strings down the spring also. Outside of that there is pretty good size stones cow head size to green stones the same size to say that are at surface area that levels out to say about a 150 feet down to the spring. This rock came from upper part of the bank and I found some similar but black with that kind of crystal character. It looks old.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread