What's new

Antique Rainbow Ring & 1934 High School Ring!

Whydah

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
1,080
Reaction score
1,917
Golden Thread
2
Location
New England
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well I met up with a friend this morning and we got off to an early start... Got down on the beach he went his way, I went mine... about an hour later we met in the middle with just some junk an ear ring and just a few modern coins to show for our efforts... I asked if he wanted to try the spot again he got 2 gold in yesterday... He nodded and off we went... Back down on the beach and out into the water we went and another Indian head penny later, I strolled up behind him and showed off my nice 14 K double ring that had 3 beautiful birth stones in it... I literally walked back out into the water and got a signal... no way again? Bang.... in the bottom of the scoop, I had another Gold Ring... This time another antique 1934 10 K High School Ring... .... Tide was screaming in at us.... We got some silvers and some other small trinkets but the targets were few... We headed for the barn.... Thanks for looking and good Luck out there... Ring 57.webpRing 58.webpSeptember 10 2013 (3).webpSeptember 10 2013 (4).webpSeptember 10 2013 (5).webpSeptember 10 2013 (6).webpSeptember 10 2013 (11).webpSeptember 10 2013 (20).webpSeptember 10 2013 (22).webpSeptember 10 2013 (24).webp
 
Upvote 0
Those are awesome congrats on your old gold
 
Few targets but VERY nice quality..... I like it!!.. HH, Papa
 
Nice rings.... that 34 sure looks like it is in great shape.... if only the finds could talk...

Cliff
 
Awesome finds. Bet your heart is still at a 140bpm. Congratulations
 
I don't wear jewelry, but I would sport that beautiful old HS ring proudly. That thing is incredible. Wtg on your patience and perseverance. Hope you get many more. Thanks for showing us, I really like that ring!
 
awesome........love that 3 stone ring.
 
Whydah you are the Gary Drayton of the NE!! Beautiful rings....:thumbsup:
 
Nice gold...that double ring is cool...congrats on another great hunt.
 
Wow, some beautiful rings. Congrats.
 
OK! What's the secret? All the old rings I find are in terrible shape being crusted and black. You'll see on my next post. Beautiful! Beautiful! :occasion14:
 
OK! What's the secret? All the old rings I find are in terrible shape being crusted and black. You'll see on my next post. Beautiful! Beautiful! :occasion14:

Could water temp have something to do with it? Perhaps the cold waters in the North East preserve items much better than your warm Florida gulf waters?
 
Double gold days are sure nice to get! Congrats!

Any initials on the school ring?

Silver usually gets pretty black in the ocean...and 10K does get some discoloration with time. I've had 14K with freckles too but mostly 14K and up comes out pretty darn sweet!
 
Whydah you are the Gary Drayton of the NE!! Beautiful rings....:thumbsup:
OK now that's got to be one of the best compliments I have ever received on here... Thank You OBN.... I must admit you have taught me a few things along the way with your videos... So I thank you again my friend.... Check my finds from this morning on the new post I am on a roll... Happy Hunting Buddy...
 
Double gold days are sure nice to get! Congrats!

Any initials on the school ring?

Silver usually gets pretty black in the ocean...and 10K does get some discoloration with time. I've had 14K with freckles too but mostly 14K and up comes out pretty darn sweet!
Sterling will turn black as do all the pre 1964 coins... 10 K will turn green at times depending on how long it's been in the ocean... Onyx will turn white after years on the ocean floor... and NO INITIALS on the 1934 ring.... The person would be somewhere around 96 I am guessing .... Have a great day...
 
Could water temp have something to do with it? Perhaps the cold waters in the North East preserve items much better than your warm Florida gulf waters?
.I think that here in the North East at least we have lots of rocks... when an item is lost it usually stays pretty close to where it was dropped and snugs itself down into an area that doesn't move to much... some of the rings I find are black and clean up like the day they were lost as in this case with the 1934 class ring... Marked 10 K No Initials and not very large.... Woman wore class rings back then and the men caught on much later in life... That is why most of the class rings from back then were smaller....I don't think water temp has anything to do with it.... It is what the gold has been mixed with at the time of melting.... more copper or zink will turn it colors....Happy Hunting to all of you and thatnks for the great replies...
 
Great finds and info!!! Love the rings, and stay safe in that scary area
 
Great finds!! The crust on those coins got to be a N.E. coasts thing ,I get them all the time . Love the rings ...:) happy hunting:)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom