What's new

✅ SOLVED Antique Vending/Arcade Key - How old?

Natman

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2007
Messages
2,495
Reaction score
477
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hazelwood, MO
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all,

I was detecting at a 100+ year-old home site and dug up this key...I found out it was possibly from a slot or vending machine but have no idea of its age. Thanks in advance for any help or history of the company.
 

Attachments

  • 87061330_826426204543484_3061114210806136832_n.webp
    87061330_826426204543484_3061114210806136832_n.webp
    78.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 89398993_239931250508252_5393242905202655232_n.webp
    89398993_239931250508252_5393242905202655232_n.webp
    71.5 KB · Views: 51
I found nothing online about the 'Bell Lock Co Chicago'.
But I did find the same key currently for sale on eBay for $10.

"Vintage Bell Lock Key # WW 778 Medart St. Louis -Vending, Arcade, Slot Machine"

I'm thinking your key dates to the 1940s - 50s.
Dave
 

Attachments

  • s-l1600-crop.webp
    s-l1600-crop.webp
    226.7 KB · Views: 54
  • s-l1700-crop.webp
    s-l1700-crop.webp
    178.4 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Bell Lock Company was acquired by the Eagle Lock Company in 1949, and at that time they were based in Michigan City, Indiana not in Chicago. There is reference to them being in Indiana at least as far back as 1946, so the key must be before that date.
 
Upvote 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom