Any-1 near Salt Springs/Ft McCoy/Lake George area?

FLAWRANGLER

Tenderfoot
Apr 20, 2013
Salt Springs
Detector(s) used
2 - Whites MXT Pro's
1 - Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Old timer from Georgia, hunted a lot of civil war relics, but not much here in Florida, make's me miss hunting all the skirmish lines, camps and fighting chiggers. Surely there has got to be some good digging in this area.
I use 2 White's MXT Pro's and Garrett Infinium under water machine.
I don't mind driving out of my way, just curious if anyone is interested in researching/digging up some relics.

Whatacoin

Mar 5, 2011
Ocala,FL
I'm over here on the other side of ONF in Ocala. All the public land has been hit hard here with newbie detectors and is basically worthless to go. The only option left is private land and even with that the acidic soil destroys most things in the ground. It may be a little distance but I'd be willing to do research with you and possibly come up with something. Thanks.

OP
OP
F

FLAWRANGLER

Tenderfoot
Apr 20, 2013
Salt Springs
Detector(s) used
2 - Whites MXT Pro's
1 - Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well heck its worth a try, I'm open for any digging.
I was in Ft Pierce yesterday dropping some friends off and down by US 1 and Orange Ave I saw a guy swing a detector at a small local park, I almost pulled over, just to watched him, atleast he was digging something up, lol
Shoot me an email and lets exchange numbers there if you want to.
[email protected]
Garrett

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Most of the Seminloe War and War of Northern Agression sites are off limits.
CSA Capt J J Dickinson conducted raids throughout that area along the St Johns and Oklawaha Rivers.
In 1864 he fought Union forces near Haw Creek and Braddock Farm near the Putnam/Volusia Countyline,conducted raids in Palatka and Welaka,and the May 1864 capture and sinking of the USS Columbine at Horse Landing(just north of Rodeheaver Boys Ranch).
Also,nearby is Davenport Landing on the Oklawaha,was a riverboat stop and a staging area for Dickinson's raids.
You just need to know where to look.
HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread