What's new

any clue on this item

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
4,949
Reaction score
2,326
Golden Thread
0
Location
NorthWest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found at an old farm, brass top unscrews ???
 

Attachments

  • DSC00405.webp
    DSC00405.webp
    49.9 KB · Views: 971
  • DSC00406.webp
    DSC00406.webp
    47.8 KB · Views: 993
Looks like this was the center piece of something. If the brass cap is threaded it would have had two pieces that screwed on from both directions. If its not threaded, I would assume it was a pressure fit for the top and bottom pieces that slid onto the brass ridged cap making this the center holder. Notice the ring that protrudes away from the threaded or ridged area, this would be the only thing visible between the missing ends after they where in place. I think the other missing ends hold the key to its use. Arty
 
Upvote 0
What is the 'white' stuff on the threads?
Figure this out and ...... well I dunno, could still be stumped :D
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
skypilot02 said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Can someone tell me if its plastic?

Big Cy, I don't think that anyone is listening!!! :icon_scratch:
Heck, it'd go a long way towards identifying it if someone would let ya know if it's plastic, bakelite or whatever where it's black!!
Cool find, whatever it may be!

Regards, SkyPilot
I sent a PM to Goes4ever to see if its a plastic.

Thanks, Big Cy!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas?
Replies
4
Views
557
  • Question Question
✅ SOLVED Any ideas?
Replies
6
Views
475

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom