What's new

any clue on this item

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
4,949
Reaction score
2,326
Golden Thread
0
Location
NorthWest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found at an old farm, brass top unscrews ???
 

Attachments

  • DSC00405.webp
    DSC00405.webp
    49.9 KB · Views: 971
  • DSC00406.webp
    DSC00406.webp
    47.8 KB · Views: 993
May have come from a sewing box. A straight and sewing pen holder?
Is there an opening in the tip?
DG
 
Upvote 0
ink pen? for midgets? it is like 2 inches long..lol
and there is no hole in end
 
Upvote 0
Lucas said:
The threads on the 2 pieces aren't the same size.
not sure what you mean because the brass top screws on and off smoothly
 
Upvote 0
Just a guess - a pencil lead container.

Mike
 
Upvote 0
Looks like the bottom of a ballpoint pen to me :)
 
Upvote 0
karajo said:
Looks like the bottom of a ballpoint pen to me :)
I know, but the bottom has no hole, the brass tip is solid, no hole for anything to come out
 
Upvote 0
Lucas said:
The threads on the 2 pieces aren't the same size.
Those aren't threads on the outside of the "top" brass piece. The threads are on the inside, the rings you see are merely for aesthetics. IMHO
 
Upvote 0
Maybe part of a plumb bob that held dying powder to mark a spot?

Al
 
Upvote 0
trikikiwi said:
Just a guess - a pencil lead container.

Mike
A very good possibility, along with the pin holder idea. Could be either one.
Doubt we will really know with out finding a documented twin. (still looking)
DG
 
Upvote 0
dg39 said:
trikikiwi said:
Just a guess - a pencil lead container.

Mike
A very good possibility, along with the pin holder idea. Could be either one.
Doubt we will really know with out finding a documented twin. (still looking)
DG

Could be for medicine/pills.
 
Upvote 0
Don't know ;D But do think I've seen something like it before but all that keeps coming to me right now is electric ignitor and O2 sensor just has that shape I guess.Good Luck someone may know! :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
I dont know if I missed it but the black part is what? plastic?
 
Upvote 0
Maybe an old-fashioned match safe......
 

Attachments

  • matchsafeex1.webp
    matchsafeex1.webp
    38.5 KB · Views: 694
  • matchsafeex2.webp
    matchsafeex2.webp
    120.5 KB · Views: 698
Upvote 0
Stegner said:
Maybe an old-fashioned match safe......
Those are very nice match safes :headbang:
I think this mystery item though, looks so much like a pen/pencil/writing instrument, that logically it is connected. I'm standing by my guess of a lead container for a mechanical pencil.
Mike
 
Upvote 0
That top match safe... I would say it is a powder/shot measure, unless I can't see the lid? :dontknow: :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
my guess is that it is a mercury-filled plumb bob. i would be curious to see what the top of the cap looks like. (if theres a loop there?) ???
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas?
Replies
4
Views
557
  • Question Question
✅ SOLVED Any ideas?
Replies
6
Views
475

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom