Goes4ever
Silver Member
- Joined
- Jan 30, 2008
- Messages
- 4,949
- Reaction score
- 2,326
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- NorthWest Ohio
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Lucas said:That top match safe... I would say it is a powder/shot measure, unless I can't see the lid?![]()
![]()

That was my guess earlier....njnydigger said:I would also have to go with a pin holder. The top attachment appears to be a thimble. Maybe a set that housewives used to buy for storing pins - thimble included...but only for limited time![]()
bigcypresshunter said:Can someone tell me if its plastic?
bigcypresshunter said:Can someone tell me if its plastic?
If its plastic, I think we can rule out plumb bob because I have never seen a plastic plumb bob. Match safe may be another we can rule out.skypilot02 said:bigcypresshunter said:Can someone tell me if its plastic?
Big Cy, I don't think that anyone is listening!!!
Heck, it'd go a long way towards identifying it if someone would let ya know if it's plastic, bakelite or whatever where it's black!!
Cool find, whatever it may be!
Regards, SkyPilot
We could also rule out the entire 19th century...
)

I sent a PM to Goes4ever to see if its a plastic.skypilot02 said:bigcypresshunter said:Can someone tell me if its plastic?
Big Cy, I don't think that anyone is listening!!!
Heck, it'd go a long way towards identifying it if someone would let ya know if it's plastic, bakelite or whatever where it's black!!
Cool find, whatever it may be!
Regards, SkyPilot
bigcypresshunter said:Goes4ever has replied and he says its plastic. So I think that rules out plumb bobs. Plumb bobs are heavy like solid lead brass iron or mercury filled but not plastic. (as far as I know)

Couldnt a tripod foot be heavy plastic? He didnt say how thin it was.turtlefoot13 said:bigcypresshunter said:Goes4ever has replied and he says its plastic. So I think that rules out plumb bobs. Plumb bobs are heavy like solid lead brass iron or mercury filled but not plastic. (as far as I know)
There goes my guess!![]()
bigcypresshunter said:Couldnt a tripod foot be heavy plastic? He didnt say how thin it was.turtlefoot13 said:bigcypresshunter said:Goes4ever has replied and he says its plastic. So I think that rules out plumb bobs. Plumb bobs are heavy like solid lead brass iron or mercury filled but not plastic. (as far as I know)
There goes my guess!![]()
I think we need pictures of the ends.
Thanks Doug. That same link also says plumb bobs are hung on Christmas trees.turtlefoot13 said:I Googled "plastic plumb bob" and found this.
"A metal such as lead, steel or brass that is smooth and triangular in shape is used for many plumb bobs, but some are made of plastic."
Here is the URL for reference. http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-plumb-bob.htm
Doug

