Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey all,

Kinda new here and I have read some rather spirited discussions of the American Diggers TV show and the NatGeo Diggers, but I haven't seen any mention of Deep Digger Dan on YouTube, I think he's hilarious, anyone else out there a Deep Digger Dan fan? HH

Digger Dan.jpg

Upvote 0

dennco2000

Dec 4, 2012
Englewood Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Mark II - AT Pro - Garrett 580 PP.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
There's a difference between doing weird things and doing things that could eliminate oneself from the gene pool. I'm a digger and a certified EOD supervisor and I would never, ever dream of pulling the pin from a grenade that has been laying around since WWII and throwing it. Luckily for DDD, the grenade didn't detonate in his hand. However, now there is a WWII grenade laying on the forest floor WITHOUT a pin, that COULD detonate the next time some German child finds it and disturbs it.

DDD not only put his own life in immediate danger, but has also threatened the lives of anyone who might come in contact with that grenade.

Even though I'm a trained EOD supervisor, if I were to find something as potentially dangerous as that, I'd simply mark the area with an improvised warning sign and notify the police.

Whatever.... :occasion18: here comes the fun police :award_star_bronze_1

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I do not watch metal detecting shows .. They make us look like stupid fools .. I do not watch any of them ..And i do not watch reality shows .. I do watch Gold Rush and prospectors of all the reality shows on TV that is the only 2 i watch.. And i might be getting sick of gold rush..

Bitpusher

Dec 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a difference between doing weird things and doing things that could eliminate oneself from the gene pool. I'm a digger and a certified EOD supervisor and I would never, ever dream of pulling the pin from a grenade that has been laying around since WWII and throwing it. Luckily for DDD, the grenade didn't detonate in his hand. However, now there is a WWII grenade laying on the forest floor WITHOUT a pin, that COULD detonate the next time some German child finds it and disturbs it.

DDD not only put his own life in immediate danger, but has also threatened the lives of anyone who might come in contact with that grenade.

Even though I'm a trained EOD supervisor, if I were to find something as potentially dangerous as that, I'd simply mark the area with an improvised warning sign and notify the police.

Yeah, I saw that one.

I was once given a Vietnam-era fragmentation grenade here in the US. It had presumably been stored indoors since it was absconded, but I still wasn't about to pull the pin on that thing.

Instead, I handed it off to a friend of mine who was on the local police force, and they used it as an EOD demonstrator. It was live...

Before doing that I got ahold of a dummy grenade of the same model. I went back to the guy that gave the real one to me and told him I searched online and figured out it wasn't real. He insisted it was, and I said "No, it isn't - see?" - and pulled the pin on the dummy and tossed it in his truck.

I can now say with certainty he believed he'd given me a live grenade. :)

Deep_digger_Dan

Greenie
Sep 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who are the dummies here? The bomb or the dummy playing with the bomb?
Come on, Get In!

dennco2000

Dec 4, 2012
Englewood Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Dan,

Im all about self responsibility or the lack of.. I love your videos so keep doing whatever makes you happy and screw everyone one else. In fact if you blow your arm off I think it would be great for ratings.. but seriously im not serious..

Bty I do some pretty stupid things to because its so much fun!

Ok I have to get back to my pvc potato morter project..

Last edited:

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK .. I admit it I am a deepdiggerdan fan. There I said it.

I take his videos at entertainment value. Take a look at normal views on one of Dan's Videos. they range between 10k and 20k viewers.. his, I found a tank video.. I found a WW2 gun .. and I found a grenade videos.. all have over 500,000 views.. almost 600,000 .. way to go Dan ..

As for the rest of you I have wonderful beach property in Nevada I would like to sell ...

mineralized_miner

Dec 2, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster GT
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watching his videos is how I was introduced to metal detecting!

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deep digger Dan?
I think that was the name of one of the videos my father had hidden in the back of the closet I found when I was a young boy.. hehe just joking

Kobe0102

Mar 1, 2014
I am kinda new to but I think he is really cool, great guy. I am hoping to get in to metal detecting to soon living in Australia, it should be fun, gonna be like this :BangHead: when I get a pull tab. LoL

twogunz

Apr 13, 2005
I wrote saying that if i discovered and XO, I would not say a word to any authorities more so given teh countries he digs in they take a dim view of protectionists. He replied "Always report to teh Police" To which I replied Like teh time you found a frag, pulled teh pin and threw it just for giggles" No response. Alot of hype on his you tube but little substance

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love ya Deep Digger Dan.My husband is a FB friend of yours and follow you on Pinterest and vice versa.

Last edited:

dennco2000

Dec 4, 2012
Englewood Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I still dont understand why someone besides my mother cares if I smoke, drive without a seat belt or pull pins out of old hand grenades?

Can someone explain this to me? Lets say D.D.D was my brother and the grenade went off... my first thought would be.. that jackazz did what?.. then a little grieving... and then we would tell that old family story for years.. just my opinion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread