What's new

Any Excal users in the U.P. of Michigan?

drewan29

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2010
Messages
293
Reaction score
20
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II 1000 Ace 250 Whites Prizm 3
I am wondering if there are any Excal users here in the U.P. of Michigan? and what settings have you or do you use in the highly mineralised lakes can't wait to hear some input.
Thank you in advance.
Andy
 
Upvote 0
I don't live up there but I've hunted some very heavily mineralized lakes in the Adirondacks. One place I hunted was so bad that a coin would null like iron if more than about two inches deep. The only solution was to hunt in all-metal and dig everything. In other areas that aren't quite as bad it's possible to get a signal but it will be broken. Wiggling the coil over a good target will bring up a solid tone. Hopefully, someone else with more experience in your area will respond.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom