What's new

Manticore Low Conductor tips.

2Peas

Jr. Member
Joined
May 26, 2014
Messages
90
Reaction score
210
Golden Thread
0
Location
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 & Excal II, Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still learning this machine. I've been mostly using the Surf and Sand mode. For the most part, goldhas been really elusive this year. I've found plenty of junk rings and earrings though.
I've been trying low conductor lately and I'm wondering what settings most of you use. I feel as though I have to drop the sensitivity constantly to cut out the falling.
Any tips??? Thanks
 
Upvote 0
I don’t have one, but my friend who does says keep at it.. cause tomorrow is a new day! yes experiment with the settings but maybe bring out some targets and test them on your beach not just gold but silver and some trash iron objects. See what they all do. I do have the Knox 900 and I don’t necessarily go crazy on the sensitivity. Good luck happy hunting SNT.🏴‍☠
Remember, if you miss it by an inch, you missed it by a Mile !!
Oh yeah, one of the best pieces of advice I’ve ever received is unfortunately dig everything☠️
 
I used to hunt in low conductor, I switched to surf mode and rarely ever use any other program.
 
I use surf & sea 99% of the time with the prospecting theme audio that’s a VCO type of return. It hits very hard on gold within a foot of my M9 coil. As targets get beyond that, they can show up as mixed metals on the 2D screen and red/black vdi indicator. For those mixed signals I take a healthy scoop and jam the M9 into the hole to see if it cleans up, then decide to get it out or keep moving. I run the Manty wide open with no disc pattern. Here in the northeast I can usually run 21 sensitivity and 22/23 if I want it a little hot.🤙
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom