What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any guess?

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Messages
3,610
Reaction score
11,521
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800 & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Size of a half dollar, solid 19 on the Nox and it’s been shot twice ( I found the slugs ) it’s made of pewter/ pot metal. Found on a property dating back into the 1760’s. I think it may have been a medallion and it’s definitely not old but I couldn’t find anything on the the internet.
your guess’s
 

Attachments

  • B649887B-B1F1-44BC-A43A-54440124225B.webp
    B649887B-B1F1-44BC-A43A-54440124225B.webp
    835.5 KB · Views: 140
  • 5B2F1A66-4B30-4742-B27B-084E11FDDA04.webp
    5B2F1A66-4B30-4742-B27B-084E11FDDA04.webp
    742.4 KB · Views: 118
The only thing I can find on it is that the reverse, with the lettering on it, refers to Shakespeare's birth and death. But, I can't find the obverse other than a bust of Shakespeare.
 
Upvote 3
Thanks guys!!
 
Upvote 2
Cool recovery
Looks like it was a centre piece out of a larger item.
When I saw the two holes I first thought it was tuned into a whizzer toy.
 
Upvote 2

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom