What's new

✅ SOLVED Any Guesses?

Natman

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2007
Messages
2,495
Reaction score
477
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hazelwood, MO
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this in a yard not long ago, approx. 1 1/2" long. Ideas welcome and thanks in advance
Nat
 

Attachments

  • 49024028_2093617487371118_2904508012292997120_n.webp
    49024028_2093617487371118_2904508012292997120_n.webp
    39.4 KB · Views: 111
Looks so familiar but I can't think where I have seen that.
 
Upvote 0
It kind of looks like a piece of a cars thermostat at the radiator
 
Upvote 0
If I remember right it was attached to leather or rubber maybe something from a belt (conveyor) type?
 
Upvote 0
Large chain?
 
Upvote 0
Doorbell housing
 
Upvote 0
I agree with bicycle pedal end cap.
 
Upvote 0
Bucket bail handle bracket is what some similar items in the past have been shown to be.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Pedal thats it
 
Upvote 0
Bicycle pedal end cap. Gary

Seems too small for that. ??
I'm in the camp that thinks: bucket (part that holds the handle).

My other thought (probably wrong, but was the first thing I though of...) is a corner guard on a rigid piece of luggage.
Just a "bumper" to elevate one truck off another when you're stacking them up.
Similar to what you might find on a modern-day ATA style road case.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the ID, more specifically a handle bracket from a pantry box. Judging from where it came from it could be 19th century. Thanks again for the help,
Nat
 

Attachments

  • 2193872_l.webp
    2193872_l.webp
    105.3 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom