What's new

Any Huntsville Alabama detectors?

PlaneCrazy

Greenie
Joined
Nov 26, 2012
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Madison, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all,

I began detecting this past July and was wondering if theres anyone out there who wouldnt mind a tag along on a hunt or two sometime? I havent found out if there are any clubs in the area yet. There might be one on Redstone but Im not in the military and my job is in Madison, not on base.

Please let me know if anyone is interested in familiarizing me with the area as far as metal hunting, I'd surely appreciate it.


PlaneCrazy
Pat
 
Upvote 0
You are in the American Indian artifacts Forum.
 
A quick question before I go Gator, will an american indian arrowhead show up with a metal detector by any chance or is that something that isnt discovered using a detector?

Thanks!
 
Nope.. they are stone.
 
Metal trade points will.
 
Is that you mound builder?
 
Lots of metal arrowheads have been found while metal detecting. In Michigan you can find arrowheads made out of copper and in the west you can find arrowheads made out of steel usually made from covered wagon parts such as water barrel rings.

I have seen both types of arrowheads found while metal detecting. BUT when I show my stone heads and tell them I find them while metal detecting the question is always asked, found with the detector and the answer of course is no, while detecting
 
Lets see some of those finds you got Jon. On another thread though.
 
I f you are in Rocket City ( Huntsville,Ala) go to Guntersville and hunt. It is where I go.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom