What's new

Any ideas of type?

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2011
Messages
6,151
Reaction score
7,987
Golden Thread
4
Location
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got invited to go hunting in a field near Albany Georgia by a friend of mine. We really did not have too much luck that day but I did find this one point. Any opinions of what type of point this is? I was told that bolen bevels are found where we were at but that is all I know about the area.
 

Attachments

  • SW Ga. Point (1).webp
    SW Ga. Point (1).webp
    37.3 KB · Views: 109
  • SW Ga. Point.webp
    SW Ga. Point.webp
    39.2 KB · Views: 105
Upvote 0
Looks like it's a tip without any base?
 
I guess I should have taken a better picture of the base. It is worked the same as the sides.
 
I was going to say that while you were posting. It does look like it has been worked. Cool Find nontheless!
 
Sometimes they made the blades and notched them later like they do with Adena. But with out the notching or stem no telling. Like Steve said nice blade. It may have been ditched because the blow out on the side or used as is. It looks like a wicked one.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom