What's new

Any ideas on this old strange saw knife, dagger ?

oldbattleaxe

Sr. Member
Joined
May 26, 2010
Messages
449
Reaction score
340
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Technetics
Purchased from a Newfoundland shop some years ago. I think I had posted this on the wrong blog site. Thank you all in advance Bill
 

Attachments

  • DSC08988.webp
    DSC08988.webp
    305.1 KB · Views: 157
  • DSC08999.webp
    DSC08999.webp
    289.6 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC09001.webp
    DSC09001.webp
    564.7 KB · Views: 176
  • DSC08997.webp
    DSC08997.webp
    227.4 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC09003.webp
    DSC09003.webp
    492.9 KB · Views: 129
  • DSC08993.webp
    DSC08993.webp
    478 KB · Views: 176
This was taken to a black smith and a knife maker and they said it was forged iron. Due to the origin and type of iron as well as the look. Should I donate it to a museum near the site? What would you do? Thanks again for the knowledge here on the forum. Bill
 
Upvote 0
This was taken to a black smith and a knife maker and they said it was forged iron. Due to the origin and type of iron as well as the look. Should I donate it to a museum near the site? What would you do? Thanks again for the knowledge here on the forum. Bill
What a Museum near the shop that you brought it? Makes no sense, could of been made & come from anywhere. I assume they wouldn't care less.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Old Knife?
Replies
16
Views
2K
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED From a shipwreck
Replies
2
Views
463

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom