Bushido Dude
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Dec 20, 2005
- Messages
- 304
- Reaction score
- 16
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Probably less than 50 years? Need more details, please...Yup!ivan salis said:looks like it could be a wooden handled fork or spoon (maybe civil warish era but hard to say really )-- a bit of info on area found at amd items found with it might help shead a bit of light on it .--anything marked near the wood base on the metal?
Maybe one of those digger outer things I thinkBloodyBelle said:One of those hoof digger outer things? I went with a blacksmith a few decades ago. Like a dirt/mud chisel.
steelheadwill said:Maybe one of those digger outer things I thinkBloodyBelle said:One of those hoof digger outer things? I went with a blacksmith a few decades ago. Like a dirt/mud chisel.
BloodyBelle said:steelheadwill said:Maybe one of those digger outer things I thinkBloodyBelle said:One of those hoof digger outer things? I went with a blacksmith a few decades ago. Like a dirt/mud chisel.
Yeah. That's it.
Did I win anything?

ivan salis said:I'm betting on a fork look at the base where the metal body meets the wood its got a bolster in it -- its not a hoof pick * as those scraper outtters are properly called
do not think the item is blacksmith tool or item --only that with lots of horse shoes about thatr it might have been a blacksmiths shop on that farm
:P :P :P 
TiredIron said:ivan salis said:I'm betting on a fork look at the base where the metal body meets the wood its got a bolster in it -- its not a hoof pick * as those scraper outtters are properly called
do not think the item is blacksmith tool or item --only that with lots of horse shoes about thatr it might have been a blacksmiths shop on that farm
"BloodyBelle" was on the right track....you use the cutter outter thing after you use the digger outter thing.
I vote fork handle as well...... But the horse hoof tool is very close when your actually talking about a
"Hoof Knife".....not a "Hoof Pick". The Pick & Knife are completely different tools used on the same appendage of the horse. Look at these "hoof knives". These are "hoity-toity" examples and not old styles.
http://www.doublelhoofknives.com/
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...a=X&ei=XQyITJLiNNnhnQeh5bDSCw&ved=0CBgQ9QEwAw
This is a "Hoof Pick" ....
www.sporthorseproducts.com/images/wire-hoof-pick.jpg
Tiirediron