What's new

✅ SOLVED Any ideas what the purpose of this heavy wreath might have been?

creskol

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
13,882
Reaction score
23,351
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
2
Primary Interest:
Other
It measures 3.25 inches in one direction and 2.75 inches in the other.
Made of cast brass.

I found this and posted here a while back, but just now getting it cleaned up.
Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 8.37.05 AM.webp
 
I can’t help with the question but I like doing the pic that way, something about not having to flip between pictures helps get a better feel for an object.
 
Upvote 2
...that’s a neat piece whatever it may be...
Your cleanup is what is over the top. Your system sounds so easy but I don’t see the results from others like yours appear. Great work!
 
Upvote 1
Looks like this one is unsolvable, but I will mark it solved anyway.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Fat
Upvote 1
It's a laurel wreath decoration you'd put on a gravestone, small crypt door etc.
 

Attachments

  • tombstone-cross-golden-wreath-sunshine-stormy-heaven-32591770.webp
    tombstone-cross-golden-wreath-sunshine-stormy-heaven-32591770.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Upvote 3
It's a laurel wreath decoration you'd put on a gravestone, small crypt door etc.
Given the nature of some of the other things found on the site, that's a very good possibility. Thanks.
 
Upvote 1

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas?
Replies
4
Views
556
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED From a shipwreck
Replies
2
Views
451

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom