plymouthian12
Silver Member
- Joined
- Mar 26, 2010
- Messages
- 2,706
- Reaction score
- 7,236
- Golden Thread
- 2
- Location
- massachusetts
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 2
- Detector(s) used
- DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Are you sure its not "pluribus unum?"plymouthian12 said:Dug this button and am not sure what it is.measures 1 7/8 inches the banner in the eagles mouth says plurius unium i believe there is probally an e in front but i cant see it thank for helping kent
I dont think its military. The eagle and tail feathers kinda resemble the old GW buttons.iansmom said:It looks like an old Military Button. Did you find it where military items could be?


Kinda large for a button.Lucas said:Looks like a drawer pull knob from a Sheraton style chest of drawers or desk. Early 1800's.
[edited]
GoodyGuy said:I have never seen a drawer pull with that type of back..... However I have seen coat buttons with a back like that.
Lucas said:GoodyGuy said:I have never seen a drawer pull with that type of back..... However I have seen coat buttons with a back like that.
Excellent point... it is pretty flat. But I have never seen a Federal furniture style button?
My initial thought (the one I edited :P ) was that it was a curtain tie back.


)IronSpike said:Here's a ceramic curtain tie back also with patriotic motive. Too bad no pic of back
http://www.historicalimagebank.com/gallery/main.php/v/album02/album21/album53/
