What's new

Any ideas

jarhead93

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 12, 2010
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I was detecting in my garden today and I came across this little item. I have no clue what it is but my house was built in 1867 and i have found some very old skeleton keys that i assume belong here. I found this very close to where I found the keys. I am hoping someone can make an ID because I am very curious as to what it is. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. Also, the back has nothing on it.
 

Attachments

  • DSC05099.webp
    DSC05099.webp
    60.7 KB · Views: 330
  • DSC05111.webp
    DSC05111.webp
    50.8 KB · Views: 341
It looks like a necklace pendant or watch fob with a religious overtone. Can you post a pic of the back? Is it marked anywhere? Nice find, Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
BuckleBoy said:
It is half of a book clasp. Cool find! I like the spanish-style cross on it. :thumbsup:

There's a complete one in the photos in the link below:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,271307.0.html


Cheers,


Buck
Thats a great ID. :icon_thumright: I can see where the hinge broke off the bottom.

MVC-087S.webp

Each of the ends of the cross display the fleur-de-lis in the shape of a ball.
cobcross.webp
 
Upvote 0
I see it is now. I didn't expand the pic, so I missed the hinges and only saw the pendant part. Nice find, Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Thanks everyone. I have only been metal detecting for a couple of months and I love to find things like this. I bought my 11 year old son a metal detector to have something new to do for the summer. Although he likes to do it, I have been the one completely taken over by it. It continues to facinate me what is actually in the ground. Again, thanks for the help. I'm sure I will have something else to post on here soon.
 
Upvote 0
jarhead93 said:
Thanks everyone. I have only been metal detecting for a couple of months and I love to find things like this. I bought my 11 year old son a metal detector to have something new to do for the summer. Although he likes to do it, I have been the one completely taken over by it. It continues to facinate me what is actually in the ground. Again, thanks for the help. I'm sure I will have something else to post on here soon.

Welcome to Treasurenet, and welcome to the addiction. :)

As long you you are finding old things like that, you will dig some great finds. Keep at it.


Best Wishes,


Buckles
 
Upvote 0
Thank you. It is definitely an addiction if not an obsession for me already.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom