Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Was sent this pic by an acquaintance (have removed person from image).

Any ideas?

3488B.jpg

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the tree had to grow around something.. What I have no idea...

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
could be an indian marker of some kind

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
You might want to try going to your County Engineer and ask him if you can look at your counties original survey notes. Study the notes and find out if there were any old trails that passed by this tree. This tree might not be real old but if it was formed by man, it could have replaced another, older tree that died. If the tree was deformed by man, he was probably creating a landmark for some reason. Maybe to mark a trail by giving direction or maybe to show a junction of several trails. If you find the trail, you might want to look for similar markers. If you think, for some reason, it might be some type of marker connected to something of value, there's probably going to be something else there, maybe some stone markers. I've seen a treasure location marked by one marker before and the treasure was buried right under the marker. That was my grandma's slop bucket that my grampa buried a jar of silver coins under. If the tree grew like that naturally, it's really cool.

reddirtwillie

Jan 4, 2013
Mo
Detector(s) used
AT Pro / Whites Eagle II SL - Wilson/lesche/garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also look for trees shaped like a "pitchfork" these were used to mark indian trails - theres one behind my parents house

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can only assume you posted this here because you thought it might be some type of treasure sign.

Doubt it.

Seen plenty of trees that have been merged or bent...this one happens to be both. Neat looking.

Trail definitely.

Treasure. Not so much.

KGC.

IDK.

There is a entire website dedicated to these type of trees which are all placed on a map and labeled with a GPS coords. Find the site, look for your tree...if not on the site, maybe you would like to share it with the site.

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm Native American, but my people (United Houma Nation) did not bend trees. They are a real curiosity to me as I've been learning more and more about them.

Showed this pic to a member of another nation (tribe) . . . he suggested that trees bent in this fashion were bent by the tall men --- bigfoot.

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm Native American, but my people (United Houma Nation) did not bend trees. They are a real curiosity to me as I've been learning more and more about them.

Showed this pic to a member of another nation (tribe) . . . he suggested that trees bent in this fashion were bent by the tall men --- bigfoot.

Looks like some people believe Native Americans are responsible.

Mystery of the Trees: Description of the Book

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yeah, I know the author (Don Wells) personally. Have spoken with him on the phone and chatted online.

He still has lots of questions which no one has answered, but he has learned more than most about the origins of the trees.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread