What's new

Any info on these pieces?

willie d

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2005
Messages
4,010
Reaction score
394
Golden Thread
0
Location
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got these from my mother.

Any info is appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • 024.webp
    024.webp
    80.6 KB · Views: 418
  • 025.webp
    025.webp
    84.4 KB · Views: 414
  • 026.webp
    026.webp
    126.2 KB · Views: 417
  • 027.webp
    027.webp
    96.5 KB · Views: 412
Company G 15th Regiment 1863 very nice
 
Upvote 0
No info, But great Pieces :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
Award for shooting of course. The one appears to be regimental, cant say who gave the award on the other.
 
Upvote 0
The current 15th Infantry was activated[1] during the Civil War on 3 May 1861 by General Order No. 33[2][3] with its headquarters first in Wheeling,[4] West Virginia then Cleveland, Ohio, then on to Newport Barracks, Kentucky and finally ending up in Fort Adams, Rhode Island.[5] By the end of the Civil War, the regiment had fought in 22 major engagements, including Chattanooga, Chickamauga, Murfreesboro, and Atlantaas a part of BG King's Brigade of Johnston's Division, XIV Army Corps of the Army of the Cumberland.[6] The Regiment was a key element of the only Regular Brigade in Sherman's Army. The regiment's crest includes the acorn, the symbol of the Major General George Thomas's XIV Corps, and the mountains of stone to symbolize the Corps' firm stand as the "Rock of Chickamauga". The four acorns represent the four major engagements. What are you looking for specifically.
 
Upvote 0
Am I wrong or does the second one have "Whitest one H&L co no 1" engraved on it? Wonder what that means? :icon_scratch:

It's weird because it looks fire dept related......
 
Upvote 0
NOLA_Ken said:
Am I wrong or does the second one have "Whitest one H&L co no 1" engraved on it? Wonder what that means? :icon_scratch:

It's weird because it looks fire dept related......
Whitestone hook and ladder Co. fire dept.
 
Upvote 0
Sorry I have nothing on Fahrenhotz & Bergmann. :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Sorry I have nothing on Fahrenhotz & Bergmann. :icon_scratch:

I think it is Fahrenholz & Bergmann ??
 
Upvote 0
I find a sergeant Anton Fahrenholz and a Henry Bergmann serving in the 5th Regiment Missouri Vols during the Civil War.

Whitestone is a village on Long Island NY.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
I appreciate all the replies guys. :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
creskol said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Sorry I have nothing on Fahrenhotz & Bergmann. :icon_scratch:

I think it is Fahrenholz & Bergmann ??
I can find nothing there either.. They seem to be the sponsors. I have tried several different sprllings. Ill agree with Fahrenholz.

Maybe an old NY business directory.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom