What's new

Any Middle Age Icon experts out there?

Heroics

Tenderfoot
Joined
Nov 16, 2025
Messages
5
Reaction score
17
Golden Thread
0
Hello, I'm very interested in learning more about this Icon. I have attached some photos for review and would greatly appreciate anyone that feels they could add valued input or point me in the right direction. This came from the collection of an estate belonging to a gentlemen whom held:

Master’s Degree in English Bible
Doctor of Ministry with an emphasis in Near Eastern Archaeology
PhD-ABD in Archaeology

The Icon was located in his Knights Templar section of a personal museum.

Thank you very much in advance to anyone willing to help!
 

Attachments

  • 20251116_123546[1].webp
    20251116_123546[1].webp
    6.6 MB · Views: 136
  • 20251116_123532[2].webp
    20251116_123532[2].webp
    4.4 MB · Views: 87
  • 20251116_123616[1].webp
    20251116_123616[1].webp
    2.8 MB · Views: 90
  • 20251116_123652[1].webp
    20251116_123652[1].webp
    3.8 MB · Views: 76
  • 20251116_123755[1].webp
    20251116_123755[1].webp
    2.9 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Upvote 11
Welcome to Tnet.

Cool items. The painting is a Russian Orthodox icon and it looks like it might be Saint Theodosius of Chernihiv (c. 1630–1696) although the icon was probably painted in the 19th Century. He was an Archbishop, revered as a miracle worker, known for his righteous life, dedication to Orthodox traditions, and compassionate leadership.
 
Thank you for your reply! The Icon is done on a a pure silver plate. Does this help date it?

Nice. No, I think more an indication of the reverence in which it was held rather than when it was painted... except to say it's not modern, but that's obvious from the general appearance anyway.
 
Hello, I'm very interested in learning more about this Icon. I have attached some photos for review and would greatly appreciate anyone that feels they could add valued input or point me in the right direction. This came from the collection of an estate belonging to a gentlemen whom held:

Master’s Degree in English Bible
Doctor of Ministry with an emphasis in Near Eastern Archaeology
PhD-ABD in Archaeology

The Icon was located in his Knights Templar section of a personal museum.

Thank you very much in advance to anyone willing to help!
Very Cool!! Definitely looks old!!!
 
Thank you! After the info here and talking to an auction house I still have no definitive value on this item because its one of a kind. It ranges from $1000 to 4500 from what I have been told. I added it to our Ebay for what I think is fair.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Link removed, only charter members can link their ebay sales.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom